Corporate Card Issuance
The Corporate Card is issued upon receiving the Cardmember Application form, completed and signed by the employee and by the company/ Programme Administrator.
In order to satisfy the requirements of the Act on Counteracting Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing, the card applicants are required to identify themselves.
The Cardmember Application form together with the copy of the ID should be sent to:·
- our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by post to American Express Europe S.A. Váci út 47. H-1134 Budapest, Hungary.
The standard time for issuing and delivering the Corporate Card is 14 business days (counting from the date of receipt of the correctly completed application). If the Card is not delivered within the standard time limit, please contact our Customer Service Team.
The Card is equipped with Chip & PIN technology. The PIN code is generated randomly and sent to the Cardmember in a separate envelope, to the correspondence address of the company or the Cardmember. The standard time for delivery is 14 business days. If the PIN code is not delivered on time, your Cardmembers should contact our Customer Service Team.
- The PIN code is needed to make in-store and online card payments. Cardmembers should also use it to authorize cash withdrawals (provided that cash withdrawal services – so-called Express Cash – has been activated upon consent of the company)
- Cardmember may change the PIN code in Hungary at any ATM of the OTP Bank or Euronet network.
After receiving the Corporate Card, it should be activated and signed. To activate the Card, the Cardmember should contact the American Express Customer Service Team on +36 1 777 9 777 – the number given on the back of the Card.
The standard validity period of the American Express Corporate Card is 4 years. The Card expires on the last day of the month shown after the words ‘Valid Thru’.
The system automatically generates a renewal Card that should arrive no later than 2 weeks before the expiry date. If the new Card does not reach the Cardmember two weeks before the expiry date of the currently used Card, please contact us immediately.
Lost and stolen
If the Card is lost, please call our American Express Customer Team on +36 1 777 9 777 (24/7 support). The Card will be blocked immediately.
American Express ensures a free-of-charge replacement Card and its delivery within 2 working days everywhere it is possible.
In the event of Card loss, theft or scanning, the liability of the Cardmember is limited to HUF 15000 only until the Card is blocked.
Express Cash – cash withdrawal from ATMs
With the company’s consent, it is possible to activate the Express Cash service – cash withdrawals from ATMs. The service can be activated by selecting the ‘Express Cash Service’ in the application for issuing the Card.
If the ‘Express Cash Service’ option is not selected on the application for issuing the card, it can be activated at a later date by filling in the Express Cash Service form and sending it to American Express (by post or by email in PDF format to: email@example.com). The Express Cash Service is activated on the day the correctly completed application is received.
- The Corporate Card has a limit of non-cash spending that is renewed after the balance repayment, and a weekly cash withdrawal limit (if the cash withdrawal service is activated).
- The non-cash transaction limit and the weekly cash withdrawal limit are entered into the Application for issuing the Corporate Card. The non-cash transaction limit can be checked in the My Card Account.
- The spending limit on the Corporate Card and the limit of cash withdrawals from ATMs can be changed through a written instruction by Programme Administrator that is sent to the Customer Service Team.
Use Amex Maps search tool during your trips abroad.