How can I deposit/withdraw money?
American Express National Bank does not have retail locations. All you need is the information for your external account (the account and routing numbers) in order to link it to your Savings account. Once that’s done, you will be able to deposit/withdraw money by:
1. Logging into your account and clicking on “Make a Transfer” to either deposit or withdraw money from your account.
2. Using our mobile app, customers can transfer funds as well as make a mobile check deposit.
3. Customers can set up direct deposit with their employer or for Federal payments using their account and routing numbers.
4. You can also send or receive a check via mail. Call us at 1-800-446-6307 to request a check for withdrawals. For deposits, write a check made out to American Express National Bank, and make sure to include your Savings account number on the memo line. You can then mail the check to:
American Express National Bank
P.O. Box 30384
Salt Lake City, Utah
* The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) as advertised is accurate as of . Interest rate and APY are subject to change at any time without notice before and after a High Yield Savings Account is opened.
** The national rate referenced is from the FDIC's published Monthly Rate Cap Information for Savings deposit products. Visit the FDIC website for details.
1 There is no minimum balance required to open your Account, to avoid being charged a fee, or obtain the Annual Percentage Yield (APY) disclosed to you.
2 For a CD account, rates are subject to change at any time without notice before the account is funded. The rate received will either be (i) the rate reflected during your application process or (ii) the rate being offered when your CD is funded, whichever is higher. All CDs must be funded within 60 calendar days from the time we approve your application or will be subject to closure. The interest rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY) will be disclosed in your account-opening documents, which you will receive after completing your account-opening deposit. After a CD is opened, additional deposits to the account are not permitted. Early CD withdrawals may be subject to significant penalties which could cause you to lose some of your principal. Please see the Consumer Deposit Account Agreement and Savings Schedules for additional terms and conditions.
3 For purposes of transferring funds to or from an external bank, business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Transfers can be initiated 24/7 via the website or phone, but any transfers initiated after 7:00 PM Eastern Time or on non-business days will begin processing on the next business day. Funds deposited into your account may be subject to holds. See the Funds Availability section of your Savings Schedules for more information.
4 Calculations are estimates of expected interest earned. Actual results may vary, based on various factors such as leap years, timing of deposits, rounding, and variation in interest rates. The first recurring deposit is assumed to begin in the second period after any initial deposit.
5 IRA Contributions are subject to aggregate annual limits across all IRA plans held at American Express or other institutions. IRA distributions may be taxed and subject to penalties based on IRS guidelines. Required minimum distribution, if applicable, is only relevant to this IRA plan and does not take into consideration other IRA plans held at American Express or other institutions. Please see IRS.gov for more information. We recommend you consult with a financial or tax advisor when making contributions to and distributions from an IRA plan account.