When you book a car rental with us online, we offer you two payment options — pay now or later.
Book now, pay now
Reserve your car and pay at the time of booking. You’ll need to use an eligible American Express card to pay. Membership Rewards® points can also be used to cover part or all of the cost.
At pick-up, you’ll need to present your American Express card (in the driver’s name) used for prepayment, so the car agency can easily pull up your reservation.
Book now, pay later
Reserve your car and pay at pick-up. At the pick-up location, you’ll need to present your American Express card (in the driver’s name) to pay the car rental cost in full.
Accepted debit / credit cards
For car rental bookings, the accepted debit / credit cards will be indicated on your checkout page.
To see which forms of payment your car rental company accepts:
- From your itinerary (or from the Payment page when booking), select Car rental rules.
- On the following page, select Forms of payment.
Good to know
- Payment options, accepted debit / credit cards, and when you are charged for your rental vary by country, point of sale, and destination, and will be indicated clearly at time of booking.
- If your payment did not go through, please read Troubleshoot declined payments for more information and options.
- Refer to the price breakdown on the checkout page to verify what is payable at time of booking, what is due at pick-up, and what the price includes.
Still need help?
Please contact us for assistance.