Customers who spend more could be filing through your door, and there’s thousands of them.
American Express Card Members in New Zealand actually report spending more than those who carry other Credit Cards1. As an example: they report spending on average 40% more than non-Card Members on restaurant purchases2.
Why do they spend more? Well, every dollar spent on their American Express® Card could earn points3, which they can turn into rewards, such as flights4 or a new smartphone5, and they're always looking for businesses who can help them earn more points to get these rewards sooner.
By becoming an American Express-accepting Merchant, you're also helping your business thrive:
You'll get complimentary signage featuring our iconic logo to let new and existing customers know you welcome their American Express Card.
You'll get 24/7 access to a range of useful services and clever tools to help manage and operate your business.
You'll get world-class fraud protection around the clock, under the watchful eye of our dedicated Security Centre team.
You'll enjoy a range of benefits and services to help make your cash flow more efficient.
1. Source: New Zealand American Express Card Members report spending an average of $2,247 on all credit cards in a typical month, relative to $1,379 average spend reported by New Zealand Non-Card Members.
2. Source: American Express commissioned internet panel survey conducted in December 2015-January 2016 based on purchases made in the 6 months prior to the survey.
Definition of American Express® Card Members: Respondents who reported that they have an American Express Card and that they used that card to make purchases in the prior 6 months. Definition of Non-Card Members: Respondents who reported that they do not have any type of American Express Card and that they used a Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, JCB, China Union Pay or any other credit card to make purchases in the prior 6 months.
3. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards programme available at membershiprewards.co.nz.
4. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline partner programme or a frequent guest partner programme, you must be a member of the partner programme. Membership of the partner programme is the Card Member's responsibility and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable programme. A joining fee may apply. Minimum redemption amounts apply. Partners are subject to change. Visit membershiprewards.co.nz for details.
5. Only American Express Cards issued by American Express International (NZ) Inc, company number 867929, are eligible provided they are enrolled in the Membership Rewards programme. Full Terms and Conditions available here.