Does my Travel Credit expire?
Yes. Your Travel Credit must be redeemed within the same anniversary year and cannot be carried forward. To check the expiration date of your Travel Credit if you have not already redeemed it, please visit American Express Travel Online and see the Travel Credit link at the top right hand side of the page.
Why doesn’t my Travel Credit show at the online checkout?
There can be a few reasons why your Travel Credit isn’t showing. And it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re ineligible. Here are some helpful tips:
- Are you logged in at American Express Travel Online?
- Have you logged in and selected the Account/Card with the Travel Credit benefit?
- Have you used your Travel Credit already?
- If yes, you’re not entitled until your next anniversary year.Are you on the Australian American Express Travel site and not the US site?
- Are you the Primary Card account holder? Additional Card Members are not eligible to view/redeem the Travel Credit.
Is your account in good standing?
Still no luck? We’ll happily assist – simply call The Platinum Concierge at 1800 392 1177.
I have more than one Travel Credit? Can I use all for a single booking?
No, you can only use one Travel Credit per booking.
Can I use my Travel Credit to purchase travel for my family and friends?
Yes, you can use your Travel Credit to book travel for other people, provided the tickets are not for resale, promotional or commercial use.
I would like to cancel a booking made on American Express Travel. Will the Travel Credit I used for this booking be refunded?
Your Travel Credit is available for single redemption only and will not be refunded in cash or credit if your booking is cancelled.
Only the amount of the booking paid with your American Express Card will be refunded to your Card. Refunds for your booking are subject to supplier cancellation policies and any amount refunded is after deducting the supplier fees.