To earn and redeem Velocity Points, you must be a Velocity member. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption is subject to the Member Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time.
Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited. Credit provided by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). Australian Credit Licence No. 291313. ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company. Applicants must be 18 years of age or over, and reside in Australia. American Express income and credit approval criteria apply. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Interest rates, fees and charges apply. All interest rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information, including fee, charges and interest rates, is correct as at 1 July 2019 and are subject to change.
1. Bonus & Eligibility. The 120,000 bonus Velocity Points plus 120 bonus Velocity Status Credits offer is only available to new American Express Card Members who apply online by 31 August 2021 for the American Express Velocity Platinum Credit Card, are approved, and spend $4,500 on their new Card within the first 3 months from the Card approval date. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited, in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for the bonus Velocity Points and bonus Status Credits offer. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies. 120,000 bonus Velocity Points, and 120 Velocity Status Credits will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer. Any Status Credits earned through this Offer are subject to expiry after 12 months from earn. Where a Velocity member has enrolled in Family Pooling and elected to pool their Status Credits, any Status Credits earned as part of this Offer will be pooled to the elected Family Pooling beneficiary in accordance with section 5.1 of the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to the Velocity membership Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time. Credit is not redeemable for cash or other payment form. Credit will not be applied to your account if it has been suspended or cancelled. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer.
2. Interest Rate. This interest rate does not apply for Cash Advances and associated fees.
3. Velocity Points. As long as your account remains current and in good standing. Velocity Points are earned in accordance with the American Express Velocity Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here. Exclusions apply. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies. These do not earn Velocity Points. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the American Express Velocity Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here. Certain transactions will earn 0.5 points per dollar with Merchants classified as; 'government', including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), federal/state and local government bodies. The additional Velocity Point earned per $1 spent applies only to Virgin Australia purchases made in Australia.
4. Complimentary Flight. The complimentary domestic economy Virgin Australia return flight is only available between selected Australian cities and is available for booking by American Express Velocity Platinum Card Members after your first Card spend in the first year, and then after your first Card spend each year after the anniversary of your Membership. All flights are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor American Express guarantees that seats or tickets will be available on the dates or at the times you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. Some flights may not have any seats available for redemption. Route availability is subject to change without notice. All travel is subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here and travel is subject to Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage available at virginaustralia.com.
5. Virgin Australia Lounge. Some Virgin Australia Lounges are currently closed, and Virgin Australia is continuing to assess their re-opening as travel restrictions ease. Please note, due to social distancing requirements, seating capacity within Virgin Australia Lounges may be limited. Visit the Virgin Australia website for up-to-date information on Virgin Australia’s Lounge network. Virgin Australia lounge entry passes are subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions. Two Single Entry passes to the Virgin Australia lounge will be activated on the Basic Card Member's Velocity Membership Card annually on or after each annual Card fee renewal date. Single entry passes are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The Virgin Australia lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airports in accordance with the Virgin Australia Lounge Terms and Conditions, and as amended from time to time.
6. Additional Card Members. Additional Card Members must be 16 years of age or over. Additional Card Members were previously referred to as “Supplementary Card Members”. The basic Card Member will be liable to pay for all transactions made by Additional Card Members.
7. Status Credits. 100 Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits will be awarded when you spend a minimum of $50,000 (on Eligible Spend) within your card membership year. Card membership year means 365 days from the anniversary date of your American Express Velocity Platinum Card. Eligible Spend does not include cash type purchases on a Card, for example travellers cheques and foreign currencies or any interest, fees or charges (including late payment or dishonoured payments) charged to the Card account. Please allow up to 2 weeks after you meet the minimum spend requirement for the Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits to be credited to your Velocity account. In addition to Status Credits, Velocity members need to fly on Virgin Australia marketed flights to earn Eligible Sectors to upgrade or maintain a level of membership. To find out more about the Status Credit and Eligible Sector requirements for Velocity membership levels please visit velocityfrequentflyer.com/content/Status/. 8. American Express Lounge. Entry into The American Express Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportlounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. American Express Velocity Platinum Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card. 9. Velocity Reward Seats. The quoted redemption fares are correct as at 01 July 2019 and are subject to change. Fares are subject to availability, and seats are limited and may not be available at peak times or on all flights. Price is based on a return economy Reward Seat fare and must be booked on the Velocity website. Taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable in addition to Velocity Points redeemed and are not eligible for Points earn. Price may vary until ticketed. All payments made by debit/credit card are subject to a payment surcharge. For Rewards Seat bookings on: (i) Virgin Australia operated flights; (ii) Delta Air Lines operated and marketed flights between Sydney and Los Angeles; or, (iii) Etihad Airways operated flights, a carrier charge will apply, view more information here. Add $40 or 5,200 Points for international short haul bookings or $70 or 8,800 Points for international long haul booking per person for bookings made on the phone. A checked baggage allowance is included in your fare, view Reward Seat Baggage Allowances for details. Name changes are not permitted. Other changes, refunds and cancellation are permitted prior to travel and may incur a fee and any applicable fare difference. You may also be entitled to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law in certain circumstances. View the Velocity Rewards Seat fare rules for more information. Some flights may be operated by a partner airline. Different baggage allowances and conditions may apply to these flights. Full terms and conditions at velocityfrequentflyer.com 10. American Express Velocity Platinum Card Insurance. The American Express Velocity Platinum Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - see the full terms and conditions available here. You must use your American Express Velocity Platinum Card to pay for your return trip or eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). Australian Credit Licence No. 291313. Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This landing page does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs. 11. American Express Velocity Escape Card Insurance. The American Express Velocity Escape Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions - see the full terms and conditions available here. You must use your American Express Velocity Escape Card to pay for eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). Australian Credit Licence No. 291313. Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This landing page does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs
12. Fraud Protection Guarantee. Provided that you do not contribute to or unreasonably delay reporting any misuse of your Account and you have complied with your Card Conditions, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised charges.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. Apple Pay, Touch ID and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Samsung, Samsung Pay, Galaxy S (and other device names) and Samsung Knox are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Other company and product names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners. Screen images are simulated; actual appearance may vary. Samsung Pay is available on select Samsung devices.
Google Pay and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC.