You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Join online now. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
1. No Cap On Earn Rate. As long as your account remains current and in good standing.
2. Refer Friend. American Express discourages spamming. You should only send referral messages to friends and family who genuinely want to receive them. By participating in 'Refer a Friend', you agree to the 'Refer a Friend' terms and conditions. Read the full terms here.
3. Additional Cards. Additional Card Members must be 16 years of age or over. Additional Card Members were previously referred to as “Supplementary Card Members”. The basic Card Member will be liable to pay for all transactions made by Additional Card Members.
4. Additional Qantas Points. Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas.com.au; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/ or annual fees. Subject to Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions.
5. Classic Flight Rewards. Qantas Points and taxes, fees and carrier charges quoted for Classic Flight Rewards are accurate as at 22 June 2021 and are subject to change. Classic Flight Rewards are subject to capacity controls, availability is limited, and some flights may not have any Classic Flight Rewards available. Taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable to Qantas (excluding any amounts payable to third parties at the airport) in addition to the points required. For more information, visit qantas.com/classicflightrewards
6. Classic Hotel Rewards. Qantas Frequent Flyer members can redeem Qantas Points when booking hotel accommodation through qantas.com/hotels, using Classic Hotels Rewards or Points Plus Pay. Members cannot redeem Qantas Points for additional charges paid to the hotel for extras (including cots, breakfasts and other incidentals) on check-in or check-out (as applicable). Redemption only applies to hotel stays and thereby excludes Airbnb bookings. Classic Hotel Rewards: Members can book eligible Australian hotels, as identified with the Classic Hotel Rewards icon. Minimum night stays and blackout dates may apply. Qantas Points cannot be earned on Classic Hotel Rewards. A Classic Hotel Reward must be booked using Qantas Points only. View full terms and conditions here.
7 . Qantas Club Lounge. Qantas Club Membership. Qantas Club membership and access is subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Club. Qantas Club members may access a Qantas Club when their next flight the same day has a Qantas or Jetstar flight number on their ticket. Partner and associated lounge access is subject to various conditions of entry. Qantas Club members may access Qantas operated International Business Lounges during lounge operating hours when their next onward flight that day is with Qantas with a QF flight number or Jetstar with a JQ flight number. Qantas Club members will also be welcomed at the Emirates Business Lounge in Dubai when their next onward flight that day is with a Qantas marketed flight and the American Airlines Admirals Club® in London (Heathrow) when their next onward flight that day is on a Qantas operated and marketed flight.
9. Qantas Travel Credit. Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Members are eligible for one $450 Qantas Travel Credit per year. The Qantas Travel Credit can be redeemed for any eligible Qantas flight booked (i.e. a QF flight number on your ticket) and paid online through American Express Travel in a single booking. All travel is subject to Qantas Conditions of Carriage. For bookings less than $450 any unused portion of the Qantas Travel Credit will be forfeited. The Qantas Travel Credit can be used from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Your Qantas Travel Credit for that year will be forfeited if you cancel your booking, subject to Qantas Travel Credit, Terms and Conditions.
10. Qantas Club Lounge. Provided you are a Qantas Frequent Flyer and have registered your Qantas Frequent Flyer number with your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, you are eligible to receive two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations each anniversary year of your Card Membership after purchasing on selected Qantas products and services using your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card. Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas.com.au; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/ or annual fees. Subject to Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions. Within 2 weeks of purchasing selected Qantas products and services, you will receive an email from Qantas confirming the Qantas Club Lounge Invitations are available for use. Login to the Complimentary Invitations Portal using your Frequent Flyer details to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking or find out more information. Qantas Club Lounge Invitations are valid for a single visit by one guest to a Qantas Club Lounge and must be used prior to their expiry. Invitations are subject to the Qantas Club Terms and Conditions and are not valid for Qantas International First Class Lounges, the Qantas Chairman’s Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business and or oneworld® alliance partner or associated lounges. Qantas Club Invitations cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year and must not be sold, they may only be transferred as allowed by Qantas. Invitations may be revoked or withheld if your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card account is not in good standing, if the selected Qantas products and services are refunded in full or if you have not complied with these Qantas Club Invitation Conditions, the Credit Card Terms and Conditions or the Qantas Club Lounge Access Terms and Conditions.
11. American Express Lounge. Entry into The American Express Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportlounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
12. Qantas Premium Insurance. The Qantas American Express Premium Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - please see the Terms and Conditions. You must use your Qantas American Express Premium Card to pay for your return trip in order to be eligible for the travel insurance or pay for eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This webpage does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
13. Qantas Discovery Insurance. The Qantas American Express Discovery Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions please see the Terms and Conditions. You must use your Qantas American Express Discovery Card to pay for eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This communication does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.