1. Currency Conversion Fees. If you make a charge in a currency other than Australian dollars, that charge will be converted into Australian dollars. The conversion will take place on the date the charge is processed by us, which may not be the same date you make the charge. If the charge is in U.S. dollars, it will be converted directly into Australian dollars. In all other cases, it will first be converted into U.S. dollars and then into Australian dollars. However, you will only be charged one currency conversion fee. Unless a specific rate is required by law, conversion rates will be used based on interbank rates selected from customary industry sources on the business day prior to the processing date. If charges are converted by third parties prior to being submitted to us, any conversions made by those third parties will be at rates and may include a fee selected by them.
2. Purchase Protection. American Express Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL 239687) (Chubb) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the individual American Express Credit Card Insurances policy between American Express and Chubb. This website does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It’s important for you to read the Terms and Conditions and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements. Full details of the insurance benefits vary from Card to Card and can be found in the terms and conditions on individual Card product pages.
3. Fraud Protection. Provided that you notify us immediately of any fraudulent transactions and you have complied with your Card Conditions, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised charges
4. Priority Pass. From 1 August 2019, your Priority Pass benefit will be limited to lounge access only. Non-lounge airport experiences in the form of food and beverage credits at restaurants, cafes and bars will no longer be available. To continue to enjoy access to over 1,200 lounges in 130 countries, please visit americanexpress.com.au/platinumlounges for a list of available lounges. These Terms and Conditions govern Platinum Card Members’ participation in and use of the Priority Pass™ program. Priority Pass is an independent airport lounge access program. At any visit to a Priority Pass lounge, you may bring in one guest at no charge. After one guest, you will be automatically charged the guest visit fee equal to the visit fee of the Priority Pass Standard program for each additional guest. By enrolling in Priority Pass, you agree that you will be responsible for any additional accompanying guest visits and that your Card will be automatically charged after you have signed for the additional guest visit and it has been reported to Priority Pass by the participating lounge. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that American Express will verify your Card Account number and provide updated Card Account information to Priority Pass. Priority Pass will use this information to fulfil on the Priority Pass program and may use this information for communications related to the program. Both the Primary and Additional Platinum Card Members must enrol into Priority Pass. Once enrolled, Platinum Card Member in good standing may access participating Priority Pass lounges by presenting your Priority Pass card and airline boarding pass. In some lounges, the Priority Pass member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Priority Pass members must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Conference rooms, where available, may be reserved for a nominal fee. Priority Pass lounge partners and locations are subject to change. All Priority Pass members must adhere to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use, which will be sent to you with your membership package, and can be viewed at prioritypass.com. Upon receipt of your enrolment information, Priority Pass will send your Priority Pass card and membership package which you should receive within 4–6 weeks.
5. Qantas Travel Credit. To receive the Qantas Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual Card fee and minimum payment by the due date. The $450 Qantas Travel Credit can be redeemed for any eligible Qantas flight booked (i.e. a QF flight number on your ticket) and paid online through American Express Travel in a single booking. All travel is subject to Qantas Conditions of Carriage. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. For bookings less than $450 any unused portion of the Qantas Travel Credit will be forfeited. The Qantas Travel Credit will be available each year of Card Membership, as long as you have paid the annual fee and your account is current and in good standing. Subject to Qantas Travel Credit, Terms and Conditions.
6. Qantas Ultimate Club Lounge. Provided you are a Qantas Frequent Flyer and have registered your Qantas Frequent Flyer number with your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, you are eligible to receive two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations each anniversary year of your Card Membership after purchasing on selected Qantas products and services using your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card. Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas.com.au; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/or annual fees. Subject to Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions. Subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions. Within 1-2 weeks of purchasing selected Qantas products and services, two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations will be assigned to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Visit the Complimentary Invitations Portal to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking or find out more information. Qantas Club Lounge Invitations are valid for a single visit by one guest to a Qantas Club Lounge and must be used prior to their expiry. Invitations are subject to the Qantas Club Terms and Conditions and are not valid for Qantas International First Class Lounges, the Qantas Chairman’s Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business and or oneworld® alliance partner or associated lounges. Qantas Club Invitations cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year and must not be sold, they may only be transferred as allowed by Qantas. Invitations may be revoked or withheld if your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card account is not in good standing, if the selected Qantas products and services are refunded in full or if you have not complied with these Qantas Club Invitation Conditions, the Credit Card Terms and Conditions or the Qantas Club Lounge Access Terms and Conditions.
7. American Express Lounge. Entry into The American Express Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportlounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
8. Qantas American Express Card Insurance. The Qantas American Express Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - please see the respective Terms and Conditions for Ultimate and Premium. You must use your Qantas American Express Card to pay for your return trip in order to be eligible for the travel insurance or pay for eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996). Card members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This communication does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
9. Virgin Complimentary Flight. The complimentary domestic economy Virgin Australia return flight is only available between selected Australian cities and is available for booking by American Express Velocity Platinum Card Members after your first Card spend in the first year, and then after your first Card spend each year after the anniversary of your Membership. All flights are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor American Express guarantees that seats or tickets will be available on the dates or at the times you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. Some flights may not have any seats available for redemption. Route availability is subject to change without notice. All travel is subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions and travel is subject to Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage available at virginaustralia.com.
10. Virgin Australia Lounge. Virgin Australia lounge entry passes are subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions. Two Single Entry passes to the Virgin Australia lounge will be activated on the Primary Card Member's Velocity membership card annually on or after each annual Card fee renewal date. Single Entry passes are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The Virgin Australia lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airports and entry is subject to the Virgin Australia lounge Terms and Conditions, and (as amended from time to time).
11. American Express Lounge. Entry into The American Express Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportlounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. American Express Velocity Platinum Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
12. Velocity American Express Card Insurance. The American Express Velocity Platinum Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - see the full terms Terms and Conditions available here. You must use your American Express Velocity Platinum Card to pay for your return trip or eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This landing page does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.