1. The American Express Platinum Reserve Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - see the full terms and conditions available here. You must use your American Express Platinum Reserve Card to pay for your return trip in order to be eligible for the travel insurance. You are not eligible for the travel insurance if you use Qantas Points to purchase your trip. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This webpage does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
2. American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card Members are eligible for one Travel Credit of $400 per year. Subject to Travel Credit terms and conditions. The Travel Credit can be redeemed for any eligible travel booked and paid online through American Express Travel in a single booking. For bookings less than $400 any unused portion of the Travel Credit will be forfeited. Eligible travel includes Flight, Hotel, Car Hire and Experience bookings only and may not be used towards Cruises. The Travel Credit can be used from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Your travel credit for that year will be forfeited if you cancel your booking, subject to supplier’s terms and conditions plus applicable fees.
3. The Hotel Collection. Valid only for new The Hotel Collection bookings of at least two consecutive nights with participating providers made through American Express Travel Online (americanexpress.com.au/travel or americanexpress.com.au/thc), Platinum Travel Service or Centurion Travel Service. Available only for Eligible Card Members of the following American Express Cards: American Express® Rewards Advantage Card, American Express® Explorer Credit Card, American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card, American Express® Gold Card, American Express® Gold Business Card, American Express® Platinum Card, American Express® Business Platinum Card® and American Express® Centurion Card. Excludes Gold Credit Card Members who are not also Australian Rewards Advantage, Gold or Platinum Charge Card Members. Payment must be made in full with an eligible American Express Card in the Card Member’s name. Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Membership Rewards® points and Platinum Travel Credit cannot be used towards The Hotel Collection bookings as payment.
*The eligible Card Member will receive the credit as a deduction from the final hotel bill when checking out of the hotel; they will receive $1 for each eligible dollar spent up to $100 USD. Eligible spend includes dining, spa and resort activities. Eligible spend does not include charges for taxes, gratuities, fees and cost of room. Additional exclusions based on specific hotel restrictions may also apply (including without limitation purchases within the hotel that are unaffiliated and/or owned by third parties) - see hotel front desk for details. Credit must be used in conjunction with initial stay and cannot be carried over to another stay, is not redeemable for cash and expires at check-out. Credit is non-exchangeable and non-refundable and is applied in USD or equivalent in local currency based on exchange rate on day of arrival. Limit one credit per room, per stay. Three-room limit per Card Member per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. If an eligible Card Member cancels their room, any additional rooms will no longer qualify for benefits as the eligible Card Member must be staying at the hotel. Participating providers and benefits subject to change. Taxes, surcharges and additional fees are as supplied by the hotel at the time of reservation; however they are subject to change and will be charged as applicable at the time of settlement of your hotel account. Note that payments made in foreign currencies will be subject to a foreign currency conversion and fee at the time of payment upon departure.
**A one category room upgrade is based on availability and eligibility at check-in to the hotel.
4. Entry into The American Express Lounges in Australia is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available here. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. American Express Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December) for their Account. Complimentary access is available for the Card Member’s children between the ages of 2 and 17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member’s American Express Card.
5. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Priority Pass™ program. Priority Pass is an independent airport lounge access program. Basic American Express Platinum Reserve Card Members are entitled to two complimentary visits within each 12-month membership period, after which every visit would be charged to your American Express Card as per the prevailing rates available at www.prioritypass.com. Some lounges do not admit guests. To access participating Priority Pass lounges, present your Priority Pass card and confirmed airline boarding pass. In some lounges, Priority Pass member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Priority Pass members must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Conference rooms, where available, may be reserved for a nominal fee. Priority Pass lounge partners and locations are subject to change. All Priority Pass members must adhere to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use, including house rules of participating lounges, and can be viewed at www.prioritypass.com. Please allow 4-6 weeks from enrolment to receive your Priority Pass card and membership package.
6. American Express Travel Online. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through American Express Travel Online with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be booked for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Points cannot be used for Cruise Privileges bookings. All travel bookings are subject to availability. Subject to the American Express Travel Online standard booking terms and conditions.
7. Helloworld Travel. A minimum of 7,500 points must be redeemed at any one time. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through helloworld with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be booked for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions and the partners' booking terms and conditions.
8. Airline and Hotel partners. To redeem points, you must be a member of the applicable frequent traveller program. Enrolment in the partner program is solely your responsibility and fees may apply. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.