Don’t travel like the masses. Enjoy airport lounge access thanks to American Express
As an American Express® Card Member, you could escape the crowds and enjoy:
Whether you have airport lounge access (and which ones you can enter) depends on your Card type.
Explore our range of eligible Cards below
Be spoiled for choice with access to over 1,200 lounges, in 500+ airports across 130 countries (and counting).
International American Express Lounges
Enjoy complimentary food and beverages while you relax in comfort at American Express Lounges around the world, including the lounges at Sydney and Melbourne International Airports. Have some work to do? Take advantage of charging stations and free high-speed Wi-Fi. To enter, simply present your Platinum Card, same day boarding pass and government issued ID.1
Virgin Australia Lounge
Open 7 days a week in major Australian cities, Virgin Australia Lounges provide complimentary food and drinks and some are home to shower facilities. To enter a domestic Virgin Australia lounge, Primary Platinum Card Members are able to bring a guest and just need to show your same day departing flight Virgin Australia boarding pass, government issued ID and Platinum Card.2
The Centurion Lounge
You won’t believe you’re at an airport with benefits like sipping on signature cocktails, sampling food from renowned chefs, indulging in wine tasting or unwinding with the complimentary spa services. To enter, simply present your boarding pass (showing same-day travel), Platinum Card and eligible government issued ID.3
Priority Pass Lounge
Enjoy unlimited complimentary access for you and a nominated Additional Platinum Card Member to any Priority Pass Lounge and wait for your flight in a relaxing setting (with complimentary food and drinks, of course). The primary Card holder and nominated Additional can bring a guest along and you can choose from 1,200 Priority Pass Lounges in 500 airports – simply show your boarding pass, government issued ID and Priority Pass membership card. Enrolment is required.4
Plaza Premium Lounge
Recharge your mind (and your devices) at lounges across the globe. Enjoy food and drinks, featured shower facilities and high-speed Wi-Fi. Plus, bring 2 guests. To enter, simply present your boarding pass (showing same-day or next-day travel), Platinum Card and eligible ID.5
Delta Skyclub Lounge
When flying Delta, take a seat in the Delta Skyclub Lounge and be treated to complimentary snacks and beverages, free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and personalised flight assistance. Gain access to the lounge by presenting your Platinum Card, boarding pass (showing same-day travel) and eligible ID.6
Make sure your holiday begins the moment you arrive at the airport. Enjoy two complimentary passes into an American Express Lounge(1) – which you can use at Sydney or Melbourne International Airport – every Membership year.
The American Express Lounge
Whether it’s Sydney or Melbourne, relax in comfort with complimentary food and beverages brought to you by our friendly team. Have some work to do? Take advantage of charging stations and free high-speed Wi-Fi. To enter, simply present your American Express Explorer Card.1
Your Qantas Ultimate Card ensures you’re comfortable in the airport and the air. Enjoy two complimentary entries into the American Express Lounge(1) each Membership year and two entries into the Qantas Club Lounge.7
The American Express Lounge
Let our friendly staff offer you complimentary food and beverages in our Sydney or Melbourne lounge while you relax in comfort. Have some work to do? Take advantage of charging stations and free high-speed Wi-Fi. To enter, simply present your American Express Qantas Ultimate Card at the front desk.1
Qantas Club Lounge
Unwind in the Qantas Club Lounge before your next flight with two single entry invitations each Membership year. Fly through the airport with dedicated check-in and priority baggage handling, then enjoy complimentary food and drinks, plus free high-speed Wi-Fi.7
Every year, after your first Card spend in Australia, you’ll receive two complimentary single entry passes into the Qantas Club Lounge. Relax, recharge and let your holiday start a little sooner.
Qantas Club Lounge
Unwind in the Qantas Club Lounge before your next flight. Fly through the airport with dedicated check-in and priority baggage handling, then enjoy complimentary food and drink plus free high-speed Wi-Fi.7
Your Velocity Platinum Card makes every part of travel memorable. For starters, enjoy two complimentary single entries into the Virgin Australia Lounge every Membership year (at selected airports).8
Virgin Australia Lounge
Open seven days a week in major Australian domestic airports, the Virgin Australia lounge provides complimentary food and drinks, shower facilities, complimentary Wi-Fi, business facilities and a selection of daily newspapers and the latest magazines. Access a domestic Virgin Australia lounge by showing your boarding pass and American Express Velocity Platinum Card.8
The American Express Lounge
Whether you are starting your trip from Sydney or Melbourne, make sure you enjoy the comfort of the American Express Lounge. Our welcoming staff are there to help you enjoy complimentary food and beverages while you make the most of the high-speed Wi-Fi. Simply show your boarding pass and American Express Velocity Platinum Card at the desk and enjoy two entries per year.1
Glide through the airport and land in the American Express Lounge. You’ll have two complimentary single entry passes each year to use at Sydney or Melbourne International Airports.
The American Express Lounge
Be treated to complimentary food and beverages while you relax in comfort. Have some work to do? Take advantage of charging stations and free high-speed Wi-Fi. To enter, simply present your American Express David Jones Platinum Card.1
As an American Express Card Member, you get to enjoy travel benefits that take you further, points that are more rewarding and services that open more doors around the world.
Terms and Conditions
1. American Express Lounge Entry is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportlounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. American Express Explorer® Credit Card, Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, American Express Velocity Platinum Card and David Jones American Express Platinum Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
2. Virgin Australia Lounge Access. Access is complimentary for Primary Platinum Card Member and one complimentary guest only. The Primary Platinum Card Member and guest must be travelling with Virgin Australia domestically. Access is to Virgin Australia-branded lounges in Australia only. Name on boarding pass must match the name on the Platinum Card. The Platinum Card Member and guest must present his or her valid Card and same-day departing flight boarding pass (containing your Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer number and status) to Virgin Australia lounge agents. One guest per Primary Platinum Card Member permitted, children are classified as a guest. Guest must be travelling on same Virgin Australia flights and present boarding pass. All access is subject to space availability. This benefit is subject to change. The Virgin Australia lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airports and entry is subject to the Virgin Australia lounge Terms and Conditions, available here and as amended from time to time.
3. Centurion Lounge Access Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge locations. Gold Card and Green Card Additional Cards on your Account are not eligible for unlimited complimentary access. Platinum Card Members may bring up to two (2) companions into The Centurion Lounge. To access The Centurion Lounge, the Platinum Card Member must present The Centurion Lounge agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued ID. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Platinum Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter a lounge with a self-service bar, unless you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Platinum Card Members are allowed access to The Centurion Lounge in all US locations. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. The Centurion Lounge hours may vary by location and are subject to change. Amenities may vary among The Centurion Lounge locations and are subject to change. In-lounge services and amenities are complimentary, however you are responsible for any purchases and/or servicing charges you authorise our Member Services Professionals to perform on your behalf. Some American Express® Cards are not eligible for all services provided by Member Services Desk. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside The Centurion Lounge. Use of The Centurion Lounge is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
4. Priority Pass Lounge Access Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Priority Pass™ program available at www.prioritypass.com. Priority Pass is an independent airport lounge access program. Primary American Express Platinum Card Members and one nominated Additional Platinum Card Member per Account are eligible for Priority Pass membership. At any visit to a Priority Pass lounge that admits guests, you may bring in one guest at no charge. You will be charged the prevailing retail rate for any additional guests. Some lounges do not admit guests. Both the Primary and Additional Platinum Card Members must enrol into Priority Pass and may access participating Priority Pass lounges by presenting your Priority Pass card and airline boarding pass. In some lounges, Priority Pass member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Conference rooms, where available, may be reserved for a nominal fee. Priority Pass lounge partners and locations are subject to change. All Priority Pass members must adhere to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use, including house rules of participating lounges, and can be viewed at prioritypass.com. Please allow 4-6 weeks from enrolment to receive your Priority Pass card and membership package.
5. Plaza Premium Lounge Access. Platinum Card Members (and supplementary Platinum Card Members) are entitled to complimentary access to the Plaza Premium Lounges. The Platinum Card Member may bring up to 2 guests into the lounge at no additional cost. All lounge access fees for additional guest visits will be charged directly to the Platinum Card Member’s Card, and at the prevailing retail rate, per person, per visit. Lounge access to infants under two years of age is complimentary. To access the Plaza Premium Lounges, the Platinum Card Member must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day or following day boarding pass on any carrier and a government-issued ID. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian where there is a self-service bar. Plaza Premium Lounge reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability and is not guaranteed. The full Plaza Premium Lounge Facilities Terms and Conditions are available at plaza-network.com/terms Facilities, amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change. Terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
6. Delta Sky Club Access. The Platinum Card Member must present his or her valid American Express Platinum Card, government-issued ID, and same-day corresponding airline ticket to club ambassador. Access to Delta Sky Club partner lounges is not permitted. Individuals must be at least 18 years of age to access Delta Sky Club, and 21 years of age to access locations with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by a responsible, supervising adult who has access to the lounge. Platinum Card Members must adhere to all House Rules of participating clubs. Participating airport clubs and locations subject to change without notice. Additional guest access and fees subject to terms and conditions of participating airport clubs. For the most current Delta Sky Club access and pricing policy, please visit delta.com/skyclub. All Delta Sky Club rules apply to Delta Sky Club membership and use. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skyclub.
7. Qantas Club Lounge Access. Provided you are a Qantas Frequent Flyer and have registered your Qantas Frequent Flyer number with your Qantas American Express Premium Card or the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, you are eligible to receive two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations each anniversary year of your Card Membership after purchasing on selected Qantas products and services using your Qantas American Express Premium Card. Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased on the Qantas merchant account i.e. with Qantas direct or some travel agents and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, and Qantas branded non-airfare products. Subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions. Within 1-2 weeks of purchasing selected Qantas products and services, two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations will be assigned to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Visit the Complimentary Invitations Portal to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking or find out more information. Qantas Club Lounge Invitations are valid for a single visit by one guest to a Qantas Club Lounge and must be used prior to their expiry. Invitations are subject to the Qantas Club Terms and Conditions and are not valid for Qantas International First Class Lounges, the Qantas Chairman’s Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business and or oneworld® alliance partner or associated lounges. Qantas Club Invitations cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year and must not be sold, they may only be transferred as allowed by Qantas. Invitations may be revoked or withheld if your Qantas American Express Premium Card account is not in good standing, if the selected Qantas products and services are refunded in full or if you have not complied with these Qantas Club Invitation Conditions, the Credit Card Terms and Conditions or the Qantas Club Lounge Access Terms and Conditions.
8. The American Express Velocity Platinum Card Access to domestic Virgin Australia lounges. Virgin Australia lounge entry passes are subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here. Two Single Entry passes to the Virgin Australia lounge will be activated on the Basic Card Member's Velocity membership card annually on or after each annual Card fee renewal date. Single Entry passes are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The Virgin Australia lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airports and entry is subject to the Virgin Australia lounge Terms and Conditions, available here and as amended from time to time.