1. Transferring Points. As long as your account remains current and in good standing. Membership Rewards Points Transfer is available to primary Card Members enrolled in the Ascent, Business Ascent, Spirit, Ascent Premium and Gateway Membership Rewards programs. Qantas Frequent Flyer is only available as a transfer partner in Business Ascent and Ascent Premium program. Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is not available as an airline transfer partner in Gateway program. To redeem points, you must be a member of the transfer partner's frequent traveller program. Enrolment in the partner program is solely your responsibility and fees may apply. Points transferred to Airline Transfer Partners are not reversible and transferred points are subject to the terms and conditions of the partner programs. The minimum required points to transfer and transfer rate varies. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions available here.
2. Travel Insurance. American Express Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL 239687) (Chubb) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the individual American Express Credit Card Insurances policy between American Express and Chubb. This website does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the Insurances and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements. Full details of the insurance benefits vary from Card to Card and can be found in the terms and conditions on individual Card product pages.
3. American Express Travel. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through American Express Travel with point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be booked for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Points cannot be used for Cruise Privileges bookings. All travel bookings are subject to availability. Subject to the American Express Travel Online standard booking terms and conditions. Redemptions using Membership Rewards points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program.
4. Platinum Edge Travel Credit. To redeem the Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual fee and minimum payment by the due date. The $200 Travel Credit can be redeemed against any single eligible travel booked and paid online through americanexpress.com.au/travel. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. For bookings less than $200 any unused portion of the Travel Credit will be forfeited. Terms and Conditions apply.
5. Virgin Complimentary Flight. The complimentary domestic economy Virgin Australia return flight is only available between selected Australian cities and is available for booking by American Express Velocity Platinum Card Members after your first Card spend in the first year, and then after your first Card spend each year after the anniversary of your Membership. All flights are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor American Express guarantees that seats or tickets will be available on the dates or at the times you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. Some flights may not have any seats available for redemption. Route availability is subject to change without notice. All travel is subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions and travel is subject to Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage available at virginaustralia.com.
6. Virgin Australia Lounge. Virgin Australia lounge entry passes are subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions. Two Single Entry passes to the Virgin Australia lounge will be activated on the Primary Card Member's Velocity membership card annually on or after each annual Card fee renewal date. Single Entry passes are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The Virgin Australia lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airports and entry is subject to the Virgin Australia lounge Terms and Conditions, and (as amended from time to time).
7. American Express Lounge. Entry into The American Express Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportlounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. Qantas Ultimate American Express Velocity Platinum Card Members, American Express Explorer Card Members and Qantas Ultimate American Express Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
8. Explorer Travel Credit. American Express Explorer® Credit Card Members are eligible for one Travel Credit of $400 per year. Subject to Travel Credit terms and conditions, to redeem the Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual fee and minimum payment by the due date. The Travel Credit can be redeemed for any eligible travel booked and paid online through American Express Travel in a single booking. For bookings less than $400 any unused portion of the Travel Credit will be forfeited. Eligible travel includes Flight, Hotel, Car Hire and Experience bookings only and may not be used towards Cruises. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Your Travel Credit for that year will be forfeited if you cancel your booking, subject to supplier’s terms and conditions plus applicable fees.
9. Qantas Travel Credit. To receive the Qantas Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual Card fee and minimum payment by the due date. The $450 Qantas Travel Credit can be redeemed for any eligible Qantas flight booked (i.e. a QF flight number on your ticket) and paid online through American Express Travel in a single booking. All travel is subject to Qantas Conditions of Carriage. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. For bookings less than $450 any unused portion of the Qantas Travel Credit will be forfeited. The Qantas Travel Credit will be available each year of Card Membership, as long as you have paid the annual fee and your account is current and in good standing. Subject to Qantas Travel Credit, Terms and Conditions.
10. Qantas Club Lounge. Provided you are a Qantas Frequent Flyer and have registered your Qantas Frequent Flyer number with your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, you are eligible to receive two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations each anniversary year of your Card Membership after purchasing on selected Qantas products and services using your Qantas American Express Premium Card. Selected Qantas products and services means Qantas passenger flights purchased directly from Qantas.com.au with a QF flight number; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/or annual fees. Subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions. Within 1-2 weeks of purchasing selected Qantas products and services, two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations will be assigned to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Visit the Complimentary Invitations Portal to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking or find out more information. Qantas Club Lounge Invitations are valid for a single visit by one guest to a Qantas Club Lounge and must be used prior to their expiry. Invitations are subject to the Qantas Club Terms and Conditions and are not valid for Qantas International First Class Lounges, the Qantas Chairman’s Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business and or oneworld® alliance partner or associated lounges. Qantas Club Invitations cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year and must not be sold, they may only be transferred as allowed by Qantas. Invitations may be revoked or withheld if your Qantas American Express Premium Card account is not in good standing, if the selected Qantas products and services are refunded in full or if you have not complied with these Qantas Club Invitation Conditions, the Credit Card Terms and Conditions or the Qantas Club Lounge Access Terms and Conditions.