As a Platinum Card Member, you'll receive access to lower airfares on international premium class tickets when you book with the International Airline Program. Plus, you'll earn Membership Rewards® Points and get air miles as you typically would when you book at American Express Travel.
Book now with the International Airline Program
Frequently Asked Quesions:
International Airline Program (IAP) provides exclusive discounted fares to Platinum Card and Centurion® Members who are flying on one of the participating partners departing from the UK to one of their international destinations. If you are not seeing International Airline Program flights in your search results, the particular airline does not fly from a UK gateway to that destination, or the flight/seats may not be available.
Discounts are offered on First, Business, and Premium Economy class tickets with participating carriers, and are offered on refundable, restricted, and non-refundable fare types.
The Card Member may choose to travel alone or bring up to 7 additional travellers (8 total travellers max). The Card Member must be travelling in order for all passengers to receive the discounted benefit.
The International Airline Program includes flexible payment options through Pay With Points for partial or full payment. You will have the opportunity to select your payment option during the booking process.
1. International Airline Program Terms and Conditions
1. American Express reserves the rights to change these conditions from time to time with 21 days prior notice and/or to discontinue the whole programme.
2. Airlines reserve the right to change, cancel or restrict flight operations without notice. IAP upgrades or specially negotiated fares may be limited by airlines to certain flights and/or dates (“blackouts”). IAP is subject to the terms and conditions of each participating carrier. American Express does not guarantee that seats or tickets will be available.
3. To qualify for the IAP upgrades or specially negotiated fares:
4. Any travel on non-participating airlines must be ticketed and paid for separately and is not part of the IAP. Certain code share or flights on the worldwide partners of the participating airlines may not apply.
5. Certain IAP airlines or non-participating airlines impose restrictions such as ticketing time limit on advance booking to indicate a timeline for ticketing upon making your reservations. For each individual airline Terms & Conditions, please check with the American Express Travel Service for details.
6. IAP upgrade offer or specially negotiated fares may not be combined with any other promotion, discount, negotiated or corporate rate.
7. American Express acts only as an agent for travel service providers and does not own or operate any airline or means of transportation. American Express is not liable for service deficiencies on the part of airlines or other service providers, including but not limited to: accidents and injuries; delays; changes in routes or itineraries; loss, theft or damages to possessions. American Express strongly advises travellers to insure themselves against travel risks. Travellers are responsible for ensuring that they have valid documentation and for complying with the health, customs, currency and other laws of any country they enter or attempt to enter.
8. IAP is available to Platinum Cardmembers from a variety of participating airlines each with specifically designated ports of departure and arrival. Please refer to the Platinum Travel Service for details of participating airlines, applicable routing and timetables and fares in force at any particular time.
9. Other International Airline Program Terms & Conditions may apply.
2. Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions
To earn or redeem Membership Rewards points, Cards must be registered to the American Express Membership Rewards program, and be active and current in their payments.
When paying with a combination of your American Express Card and Memberships Rewards points, only the value applied to the Card is eligible to earn Membership Rewards points. Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply when booking on the American Express Travel website.
Please visit the Membership Rewards website to view the full Terms and Conditions (membershiprewards.co.nz/termsandconditions).
3. Fine Hotels + Resorts Terms and Conditions
Valid only for new Fine Hotels + Resorts bookings made through Platinum Travel Service or American Express Travel Online. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Platinum Card® Member's name. Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described.
Benefit restrictions vary by Fine Hotels + Resorts property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Advance reservations are recommended for services such as spa, dining and golf in order to take advantage of the Fine Hotels + Resorts special amenity during your stay. Benefits and additional Fine Hotels + Resorts promotions are only applied at checkout. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Card Member, per stay, back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property are considered one stay. Participating Fine Hotels + Resorts properties are subject to change.
In the event that the Platinum Card Member who is eligible to book Fine Hotels + Resorts cancels their reservation but has booked up to 2 additional rooms for non-Platinum Card Members, the other rooms no longer qualify for benefits as the Platinum Card Member must be staying at the hotel as well for the non-Platinum Card Members rooms to be eligible for Fine Hotels + Resorts benefits.
Cancellation policy, cancellation penalty and deposit policy vary by property, during peak holiday periods and special events e.g. New Year, Festivals or Major Trade Fairs or for speciality rooms e.g. Suites and Villas. To find out more about non-standard policy information contact Platinum Travel Service or call Platinum Travel Service for details on 0800 377 421, select option 1. Please view the policies section on the Checkout page for further information regarding your chosen hotel's standard policy.
4. Airport Lounge Terms and Conditions
Airport Lounge Terms and Conditions can be found here: https://global.americanexpress.com/lounge-access/the-platinum-card