From cash flow management to generous Rewards points, we’re here to help you do business better.
Do you have access to Membership Rewards with a Business Card?
When you are approved for an American Express Business Card you will have the choice to join the Membership Rewards programme. You can earn 1 Membership Rewards point for every $1 spent on your Card2.
What is the difference between a Business and a Corporate Card?
Corporate Cards are issued to larger sized businesses, generally with revenues of several million dollars. Business Cards are more widely available and applicable to companies of all sizes.
How can 50 days’ additional cash flow help your business?
Making purchases with your American Express Gold Business Card allows you to extend your cash flow by up to 50 days3, and gives you some breathing space to pay your bill.
What are the guidelines around no pre-set spending limit?
Our Business Cards do not restrict you with a pre-set spending limit. Charges are approved based on your spending pattern and, because your Account is settled in full each month, you will pay no interest.
How do you apply for Employee Cards?
Simply download and fill out our application form. All points earned on Employee Cards6 will be credited to your Membership Rewards Account.
Download form for the American Express Business Card
Download form for the American Express Gold Business Card
Can you view all your Cards on one statement?
All business purchases appear in one consolidated monthly statement which also displays GST. This makes it easy for you to track your business expenses each month. Employee Card6 purchases are also included on the same statement, with each Card’s spending detailed and subtotalled.
Tens of thousands of Merchants in New Zealand are accepting American Express from their customers.
1. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including current spending patterns, your payment history, credit records and financial resources known to us. Visit americanexpress.co.nz/fees for more information.
2. An annual Membership Rewards fee of $50 applies.
3. Depending on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued, and whether you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period.
4. For full details of the insurance cover, including terms, conditions and exclusions, please refer to the Insurance Terms and Conditions. Please be sure to read the Insurance Terms and Conditions carefully and be aware of its various terms, conditions and exclusions.
5. Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply by 10 January 2023, are approved and spend $1,000 on eligible purchases on their new Card in the first two (2) months from the Card approval date. Eligible purchases do not include Card fees and charges, for example annual fees, interest, late payment, cash advances, balance transfers, traveller’s cheques and foreign currency conversion. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product issued by American Express International (NZ) Inc in the preceding 18-month period are ineligible for this offer. 20,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards Program available at americanexpress.com/en-nz/rewards/membership-rewards/terms. The American Express Gold Business Card has a standard annual fee of $95 and an annual Membership Rewards fee of $50.
6. American Express approval criteria apply. Subject to Terms and Conditions. This offer is only available to those who reside in New Zealand. Employee Card Members must be over 18 years of age. The Employee Card Member is jointly and severally liable with the Primary Business Card Member and the Business for all charges made on the Employee Card.