Protect yourself from identity theft.
Your details are private. Let's keep it that way.
Identity theft occurs when someone uses your name and personal details to open new Accounts or take over your existing Account. Fortunately, there are a number of easy ways you can avoid identity fraud.
Keep your Card safe
- Never let anyone else use your Card.
- Sign the back of new Cards straight away.
- Always destroy expired Cards.
- Let us know as soon as you can if your Card has been lost or stolen.
Use a mobile wallet
Amex Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay require fingerprint authorisation or facial recognition and don't keep your Card details stored on your device (or share it with merchants). They provide an extra layer of security.
Be sure not to let anyone else register their fingerprint or FaceID to your phone, and don't share your phone passcodes.
Protect your PIN
- Choose a PIN that's hard to guess (e.g. not your date of birth).
- Never write down your PIN or keep it with your Card.
- Don't share your PIN.
- Shield your PIN whenever you use it.