Using Apple Pay with an American Express Card
The following Terms and Conditions govern your use of your American Express Card in the Apple Pay application (“Apple Pay”) available on supported devices offered by Apple. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACTIVATING OR USING YOUR AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD WITH APPLE PAY, BECAUSE BY DOING SO, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACTIVATE OR USE YOUR AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD WITH APPLE PAY.
1. You may use Apple Pay with an American Express card if you hold a basic or supplementary American Express Consumer Card issued by American Express International, Inc. ("American Express") in Hong Kong (“Eligible Cards”) (“Eligible Cardmembers”). Use of Apple Pay is not available to holders of American Express Corporate Card, American Express Gold Corporate Card, American Express Cathay Pacific Corporate Card, American Express Cathay Pacific Elite Corporate Card, American Express Corporate Meeting Card, American Express Corporate Purchasing Card, American Express Business Travel Account and all American Express Cards issued outside of Hong Kong. If you have a valid American Express Card issued by a licensed third-party financial institution, please check with your issuer if you are eligible to participate by calling the number on the back of your Card.
2. Apple Pay allows You to make contactless payments using Eligible Cards with a compatible Apple device (such as an iPhone or Apple Watch) at merchants who accept such contactless payments in lieu of presenting a physical Eligible Card and in-app purchases on Your Apple device in supported applications. The applicable Card Member Agreement continues to govern your use of an Eligible Card in Apple Pay.
3. Any person with your device passcode, Touch ID or other authentication mechanism enabled by Apple registered to your device will be able to authorise transactions using your card in Apple Pay. Do not let anyone else, including family members, have their Touch ID or other authentication mechanism enabled by Apple registered to your device while your card is registered in Apple Pay. You must keep your device safe and secure at all times, and your device passcode secret.
4. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Apple User ID, Apple passwords and any other means that you may from time to time have to access Apple Pay.
5. Each Card being approved in Apple Pay will be assigned a unique Device Account Number. This number will be used to identify your Card in transactions made using Apple Pay and the partial number may be shown in transaction records in lieu of your Card number.
If your device is lost or stolen
6. Call us immediately using the number on the back of your card if you believe that your Apple device has been lost, stolen or your credentials compromised in any way. We can suspend or remove your card from Apple Pay to prevent further unauthorised use.