Interest-Free Instalment Program Terms and Conditions
1. From time to time, we may offer an instalment program (“Instalment Program”), which allows eligible Cardmembers to elect to settle a Charge at certain Merchants in Hong Kong by deferred payment by completing an Instalment Program Record of Charge (“ROC”). The Instalment Program is only available if the Charge is HK$2,000 or more and may only be used at participating Merchants.
2. The total amount of the Charge will be billed to the Cardmember in equal monthly instalments during the period of deferment selected by the Cardmember on the Instalment Program ROC, the first such instalment falling on the first statement following the date on which the Cardmember incurs the Charge. Your Credit Limit will be reduced by the total amount of the Charge upon the Instalment Program being approved by American Express and will be restored as and to the extent each instalment amount is paid to American Express.
3. You can pay the entire unpaid amount under the Instalment Program at any time, and you must tell us by calling us. We will then show the entire unpaid amount under the Instalment Program as payable on your next monthly statement. If you do not inform us that you wish to prepay, we will record the payment as a credit on your Card Account and accordingly, this credit will not reduce the balance of the outstanding amount under the Instalment Program or future instalments.
4. Any unpaid amounts under the Instalment Program shall become payable immediately, upon the cancellation or revocation of your Card or the Instalment Program.
5. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, any dispute or complaint of a Charge made under an Instalment Program must be raised directly with the relevant Merchant. Notwithstanding any current or future claim a Cardmember may have against a Merchant, all amounts payable to American Express under the Instalment Program shall continue to remain payable.