1. As a Platinum Card member, every HK$1 you spend on the Card will earn 1 Membership Rewards point and every HK$1 (or equivalent) of your foreign currency spend (both online and offline) will earn 3Membership Rewards points. Point accrual is subject to the American Express Membership Rewards® Terms and Conditions. TURBO program benefits apply.
2. Foreign currency spend has to be settled in a foreign currency. Foreign currency means any currency other than Hong Kong Dollars. If a transaction is converted into Hong Kong Dollars prior to being submitted to American Express International, Inc. (for example, if the merchant gives you the option of converting the transaction to Hong Kong Dollars at point of sale), the foreign currency spend earn rate will not be applied on that spend. Payments for online transactions made in Hong Kong Dollars will also not be considered foreign currency spend. Foreign currency spend excludes charges for (including but not limited to) Express Cash withdrawals. The following types of charges are not eligible for Membership Rewards points: charges processed and billed prior to the Enrollment Date, American Express Card annual fee, cash services, Express Cash, American Express Travelers Cheque purchases, American Express Gift Cheque or Travel Gift Certificate purchases, charges for dishonored cheques, finance charges-including Credit Card account finance charges, late payment and referral charges, tax refunds from overseas purchases, tax Bill payment and payment portion under "Points + $" redemption items.
3. Every HK$1 you spend on flights on your Platinum Card which is transacted directly (both online and offline in any currency) with any of the designated airlines (the following airlines are designated airlines: American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways (including Cathay Dragon), Finnair, Japan Airlines and Qantas Airways) will earn 3 Membership Rewards points. For a transaction to be eligible, the relevant designated airline must be reflected on your transaction as the merchant on record. Transactions which are made through a third party payment gateway (including but not limited to PayPal) or a third party travel aggregator website (including but not limited to Zuji, Kaligo, Expedia, and Agoda) will not be eligible. Transactions made through American Express TLS HK Limited will be eligible as long as the relevant designated airline is reflected on your transaction as the merchant on record. Transactions made through any other travel agent will be eligible as long as the relevant designated airline is reflected on your transaction as the merchant on record. Transaction made at designated airlines in foreign currency can only earn a total of 3 Membership Rewards points.
4. TURBO program benefits apply up to the first HK$160,000 spent during every 12-month Membership Rewards Program period. For the avoidance of doubt, every HK$1 (or equivalent) of your foreign currency spend and/or, as the case may be, designated airline spend (within the first HK$160,000 spent during every 12-month Membership Rewards Program period) will entitle you to an additional Membership Reward point under the TURBO program. From HK$160,001 and onwards, no additional Membership Reward point will be awarded under the TURBO program.
5. Eligibility for the above spend offers is subject to your Card account remaining in good standing and not cancelled for any reason.