American Express credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Interest rates, fees and charges apply. All interest rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information is correct as at 23 August 2018 and is subject to change. This offer is only available to those who reside in New Zealand. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express International (NZ), Inc.
1. Interest Rate. Interest rate does not apply for Cash Advances and associated fees and charges. Visit here for more information.
2. 55 Days Interest Free. You will have up to 55 days interest free on purchases provided you pay the full closing balance of your monthly statement by the due date each month. There is no interest free period on balance transfers or if you carry forward a balance from the previous statement period. The total of interest free days will depend on when you make the purchase and when your statement is issued.
3. Bonus & Eligibility. Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply by 2 November 2020, are approved and spend $1,500 on their new Card in the first 3 months from Card approval date. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product offered by American Express International (NZ), Inc in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. 400 bonus Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollars will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s Account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer.
4. Airpoints Terms & Conditions. Subject to the American Express Airpoints Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here. Status Points and Airpoints Dollars are not earned on purchases of American Express Travellers Cheques, Gift Cards or for purchases of Foreign Exchange, cash advances, balance transfers, interest, annual Card fees or other fees and charges billed to the account. Air New Zealand Airpoints Programme terms and conditions also apply. Airpoints Dollars and Status Points earning rates are subject to change with reasonable notice.
5. Status Points. You can earn up to half the Status Points you need to reach or maintain your Silver or Gold Airpoints tier status by making purchases on your Credit Card. You need to earn at least 900 Status Points on Air New Zealand operated flights to change from Gold to Gold Elite, and 810 Status Points on Air New Zealand operated flights to maintain Gold Elite, and the balance can be earned by making purchases on your Credit Card. Visit airnewzealand.co.nz/airpoints for details of the number of Status Points required. For full list of exclusions, please refer to the American Express Airpoints Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here.
6. American Express Lounge. Entry into The American Express Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportlounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. American Express Airpoints Platinum Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December) for your account. Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
7. Priority Pass. From 1 August 2019, your Priority Pass benefit will be limited to lounge access only. Non-lounge airport experiences in the form of food and beverage credits at restaurants, cafes and bars will no longer be available. To continue to enjoy access to over 1,200 lounges in 130 countries, please visit americanexpress.com.au/platinumlounges for a list of available lounges. The Basic Card Member is entitled to two complimentary Priority Pass lounge passes annually on or after each annual Card fee renewal date, delivery of which can take up to eight (8) weeks. Priority Passes are valid for twelve (12) months from the date of issue. Basic Card Member must present the Priority Pass and same-day boarding pass to gain entry into the lounge. Use of the Priority Pass means full acceptance of Priority Pass conditions of use. Visit prioritypass.com for full program terms and conditions.
8. Koru Membership. The Basic Card Member shall be entitled to a waiver of the Koru joining fee and a discount of $145 on one-year, individual Koru membership. The Koru joining fee waiver and the discount on the Koru annual membership fee only applies to Card Members and may only be used in conjunction with one-year Koru memberships for individuals. The Koru joining fee and/or Koru annual membership fee will not be refunded if it has already been paid to Air New Zealand. Koru terms and conditions apply.
9. Insurance. For all non-emergency insurance claims, please follow the link www.americanexpress.com/newzealand/claims. This insurance is subject to Terms, Conditions and exclusions – see the full insurance Terms and Conditions for your American Express Airpoints Platinum Card available at here. You must use your American Express Airpoints Platinum Card to pay for your return trip or eligible items to be covered under the insurance or pay for your smartphone or monthly contract in order to be covered under the Smartphone Screen Insurance. Maximum of 2 claims per 12 month period, per Account, maximum cover of $500 per claim and an excess of 10% of the claimed amount applies. Waiting periods may apply. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited (Company No. 104656) under a group policy held by American Express International (NZ), Inc. (Company Number 867929). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This communication does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full Terms and Conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs. Domestic & International Travel Insurance. American Express Airpoints Platinum Card Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited (Company No. 104656) (Chubb) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Airpoints Platinum Card Insurances policy of insurance between American Express International (NZ) Inc. (Company No. 867929) (American Express) and Chubb. This product page does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the terms and conditions and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
10. Additional Cards. Additional Card Members must be 18 years of age or older. The basic Card Member will be liable for all spending on Additional Cards.
11. Online Fraud Protection Guarantee. Provided that you do not contribute to or unreasonably delay reporting any misuse of your Account and you have complied with your Card Conditions, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised charges
*The American Express Airpoints Platinum Card has been given a 5 star CANSTAR rating for Outstanding Value in the 2020 Credit Card Ratings (Flight Rewards $60,000 Annual Spend and $120,000 Annual Spend categories). Click here for further details.