In this section 'personal information' means information about you, including your financial circumstances and the use of the Online Travel Booking service. You agree that, subject to the Privacy Act, American Express and its agents may do the following:
- Exchange personal information with airlines, hotels, and any other suppliers providing travel related services on this website ("Suppliers") including airlines, computer reservation systems (CRS), hotels, car hire companies, tour companies, travel insurance companies and other travel related service providers, in booking and selling transport, accommodation and other travel related services.
- Use your personal information for marketing purposes. This includes putting your name and contact details on marketing lists for the purpose of offering you goods or services of an American Express company or of any third party, by mail, e-mail or telephone or having our related companies do so directly. You understand that American Express will remove your name from such lists if you ask us to. You understand that you can call 0800 222 332 if you want to remove your name from our marketing lists. Transfer personal information confidentially to American Express' related companies and other organisations which issue or service American Express, subject to appropriate conditions of confidentiality. This includes transferring personal information to the United States or other countries for data processing and servicing.
- Monitor and record your telephone conversations with American Express from time to time in order to train our staff and control our service quality.
You also agree that where you have provided American Express with information about another individual, you will make sure that such individual is aware of:
- your supplying that individual's information to American Express and the purposes for which that information has been collected;
- their ability to access that information in accordance with the Privacy Act (and to advise American Express if they think the information is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date); and
- the contact details of the American Express Privacy Officer as noted above.
The Transportation Security Administration ("TSA") requires American Express to collect information from you for purposes of watch list matching, under the authority of 49 U.S.C. section 114, and the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004. Providing this information is voluntary; however, if it is not provided, you may be subject to additional screening or denied transport or authorization to enter a sterile area. TSA may share information provided by you with law enforcement or intelligence agencies or others under its published system of records notice. For more information on TSA Privacy policies or to view the system of records notice and the privacy impact assessment, please see TSA's web site at www.tsa.gov.