- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points when you first spend on the Card*
- Available in US dollar or euro currency
- VIP Airport Lounge access for yourself, your first supplementary and a guest each2 at no extra cost
- Worldwide Travel Insurance Benefits1
- Complimentary Membership Rewards points4
- Elite tier hotel programmes2
- No pre-set spending limit3
There’s a wealth of experiences waiting for you.
Custom built to help enrich your global lifestyle, wherever you are in the world. The Platinum Card invites you to a prestigious level of membership, designed for your lifestyle both at home and abroad, combining luxury benefits with world-class service from American Express.
Summary of benefits:
- 60,000 Membership Rewards bonus when you first spend on your Card*
- VIP Airport Lounge access2 - Complimentary Priority Pass membership for the main Cardmember, their Platinum Supplementary, plus one guest each at no extra cost
- Dedicated Platinum Concierge and Travel Service 24/7
- Comprehensive Worldwide Travel Insurance Benefits1 for the main Cardmember and their family, all Supplementary Cardmembers and their families
- Complimentary enrolment into top-tier hotel programmes2
- Complimentary enrolment into Membership Rewards4
- Financial flexibility with no pre-set spending limit3
- The annual fee for the Platinum Card is US$/€550. You can also apply for up to five complimentary Supplementary Cards for friends and family: one Platinum and four in a choice of Gold or Green
*For full offer Terms and Conditions, please see the Eligibility tab
Platinum Cardmembers have access to the Platinum Concierge Service. This dedicated team have exceptional expertise in providing practical support globally, on call to help you at any hour, 365 days a year. So whether it’s last minute tickets for business entertainment or a diamond bracelet delivered for a special birthday, Platinum Concierge can help to make it happen.
Whenever you use your Platinum Card, wherever you are across the globe, you will be rewarded through complimentary enrolment in Membership Rewards. You will earn one Membership Rewards® point for every US dollar or euro that you spend on your Card. These points never expire, as long as you are a Cardmember with us, and can add up to watches, iPads or a luxurious break away4. Just order what you want through American Express, or transfer points to frequent flyer, hotel or retail loyalty programmes.
Your Platinum Card opens the door to a world of opportunity. Tell American Express what you want as we’ll do our very best to make it special. Start with complimentary access to airport lounges across the globe for yourself, your first Platinum Supplementary plus a guest each and enjoy upgrades from Business to First Class (subject to availability at the time of booking).2
Join the world’s elite travellers with membership to hotel loyalty programmes, including the Small Luxury Hotels of the World and Fine Hotels and Resorts programmes brought to you by American Express. Enjoy room upgrades, complimentary breakfasts and more convenient check-out times to suit your lifestyle. Your Card also gives you complimentary membership to Gold VIP Tier Starwood Preferred Guest Programme, Club Carlson Gold Elite Status and Accor Platinum Status, alongside enrolment in Hertz #1 Club Gold and Avis Prestige.2
Your Platinum International Currency Card is accepted worldwide and it is now easier to settle your account each month via online accounting and direct debit.
While we cannot predict the future, we can help you prepare for it. The Platinum Card equips you with extensive worldwide Travel Insurance Benefits up to the age of 801.
Comprehensive Worldwide Travel Insurance Benefits1 offer protection to you, your partner and your dependent children under the age of 25. The same protection is available for up to five Supplementary Cardmembers, their partners and their dependent children under 25.
- Medical treatment expenses** up to US$/€3.5 million (excluding pre-existing medical conditions)
- Car hire benefits** for theft or damage up to US$/€75,000 and liability up to US$/€750,000 (US$1 million in the United States)
- Legal expense benefit** up to US$/€50,000
- Legal Liability compensation up to US$/€1.75 million
- Trip cancellation reimbursement** up to US$/€10,000
- Lost, damaged or stolen luggage reimbursement** up to US$/€3,500
- Emergency dental treatment expenses** up to US$/€1,750
- All benefits apply when participating in most usual holiday and winter sports.
Terms and Conditions apply. Please read the Important Information for full details. Please read this to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
We welcome your application for The American Express® Platinum International Currency Charge Card provided you are at least 18 years of age and not a US resident.
- Have an annual income of at least US$/€65,000
- Understand that the Cardmembership fee for the Platinum Charge Card is US$/€550
- Have your Identity Card or Passport or Driving Licence to hand. You will need to send a certified copy of your identity document to us as part of the application process.
- Have full and certified address verification (must be a utility bill or bank statement issued within the last three months, not a mobile phone bill).
- Have access to the full address and telephone number for your bank. We will contact the bank for a reference.
Please note alternative Card options are available starting from the Basic Card with no Cardmembership Fee.
You can expect a response from us within 7 to 10 working days. Contact us on +44 (0) 1273 576 883 or 0800 0121 491.
* The 60,000 Membership Rewards bonus points will be awarded to your account once you have been approved and you have used the Card to make a purchase within the first year of Cardmembership. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held any other Membership Rewards enrolled American Express Cards in the last six months. Please note that it can take up to one month for bonus points to be awarded to your account. You earn one Point for each US$/€ of eligible spend on your Card Account. The number of Points per US$/€ is referred to as your Earn Rate and will be shown on your Card Account statement. We may permit you to earn more Points per eligible US$/€ for certain purchases with particular retailers and we may contact you about this to ensure that you can benefit from the Programme (as explained in the ‘About additional benefits and other products’ section on the agreement for your Card Account). No Points will be earned on: interest fees, balance transfers, cash advances (including transactions treated as cash), loading or pre-paid cards, American Express Traveller’s Cheque purchases or foreign exchange transactions and any amounts that are subsequently re-credited to your Card Account by way of refunds.