The Platinum Card® offers a prestigious level of membership, designed to enrich your life at home and abroad. It combines luxury benefits tailored for individuals who want to take full advantage of the wealth they have worked hard to build.
Summary of benefits:
- Dedicated Platinum Concierge and Travel Service
- Comprehensive Worldwide Travel Insurance Benefits1 for main Cardmember and their family, all Supplementary Cardmembers and their familiies
- VIP Airport Lounge access2 - Complimentary Priority Pass membership for main Cardmember and main Supplementary Cardmember
- Complimentary enrolment into top tier hotel programmes2
- Complimentary enrolment into Membership Rewards4
- Financial flexibility with no pre-set spending limit3
Platinum Cardmembers have unlimited access to the Platinum Concierge Service, a dedicated team with unparalleled expertise in providing practical support worldwide, on call to help you at any hour of the day or night, 365 days a year.
If you're on Business in Sydney and want last-minute tickets for your customers to the opera house, if you want a diamond bracelet delivered for a special birthday, Platinum Service will endeavour to make it happen.
Whenever you use your American Express Platinum Card, for anything from luxurious holidays or indulgent shopping to everyday necessities you will be rewarded. You will earn one Membership Rewards point for virtually every full US dollar or euro charged to the Card4. Since points never expire; it won't be long before they start adding up.
You can redeem points for a wide range of rewards, from flights and hotel accommodation to premium merchandise. Enrolment in the Membership Rewards programme is complimentary for Platinum Cardmembers
If you need to make dinner reservations, book theatre tickets or arrange a special gift, simply call the Platinum Travel Service and have virtually everything taken care of for you.
The Platinum Travel Service can also help you plan and book trips for business or leisure and opens the doors to a world of special air fares on international flights2.
Luxury Travel Privileges
As a Platinum Cardmember, you can take advantage of special offers with select airlines as part of the International Airline Programme2. Examples of offers include upgrades from Business to First class(subject to availability at the time of booking) or special exclusive fares with savings of up to 25% (subject to availability at the time of booking).
Walk into VIP airport lounges around the world at no extra charge with complimentary Priority Pass membership2 for you and the main Supplementary Cardmember2. It doesn't even matter which airline you're flying with or what class your flight is, just simply sit back and relax and enjoy your flight.
As a Platinum Cardmember, you can effortlessly join the world's elite travellers with membership in some of the most prestigious hotel loyalty programmes2, including the Small Luxury Hotels of the World and Fine Hotels and Resorts programmes provided by American Express. As part of these programmes, Cardmembers enjoy extra courtesies such as room upgrades, complimentary breakfasts and more convenient check-in and check-out times.
You will enjoy complimentary membership to the top tier of hotel programmes including Gold VIP Tier Starwood Preferred Guest Programme, Club Carlson Gold Elite Status and Accor Platinum Status. The Platinum Card also includes complimentary enrolment with Hertz #1 Club Gold and Avis Prestige.
Your International Currency Card will be accepted in countries worldwide and can be used for purchases on all 6 continents. You can also automatically settle your account by direct debit at the end of each month, giving you both control and convenience.
So whether you decide to treat friends to dinner in New York or spot the perfect gift in a Lyon antique shop, you're free to be as spontaneous as you like. Now that's luxury at its best.
While we cannot predict the future, we can help you prepare for it. The Platinum Card equips you with extensive worldwide Travel Insurance Benefits1.
Comprehensive Worldwide Travel Insurance Benefits1 offer protection to you, your partner, and your dependent children under the age of 25. The same protection is available for up to five Supplementary Cardmembers, their partners and their dependent children under 25.
- Medical treatment expenses* up to US$/€3.5 million
- Car rental benefits* for theft or damage up to US$/€75,000 and liability up to US$/€750,000 (US$1 million in the United States)
- Legal expense benefit* up to US$/€50,000
- Legal Liability compensation up to US$/€1.75million
- Trip cancellation reimbursement* up to US$/€10,000
- Lost, damaged, or stolen luggage reimbursement* up to US$/€3,500
- Emergency dental treatment expenses* up to US$/€1,750
- All benefits apply when participating in most usual holiday and winter sports.
We welcome your application for The American Express® Platinum International Currency Charge Card providing the following criteria are met;
- You are at least 18 years of age and not USA resident
- Have an annual income of at least US$/€65,000
- Understand that the Cardmembership fee for the Platinum Charge Card is US$/€550
- Have your Identity Card or Passport or Driving License at hand. You will need to send a certified copy of your identity document to us as part of the application process.
- Have full and certified address verification (must be a utility bill or bank statement issued within the last three months, not a mobile phone bill).
- Have access to the full address and telephone number for your bank. We will contact the bank for a reference.
Please note alternative Card options are available starting from the Basic Card with no Cardmembership Fee.