1. Transaction fees may apply.
2. American Express discourages spamming. You should only send referral messages to friends and family who genuinely want to receive them. By participating in ‘Refer a Friend’, you agree to these ‘Refer a Friend’ Terms and Conditions:
- Only Friends & Family: You must only send referral messages to close friends and family. Do not market or promote this offer through paid advertising channels or to the public at large (i.e. on public blog sites, search engines or in sponsored ads).
- Ask Their Permission First: You must ask the person for their permission to send them an email about your Card product. Sending emails to people without consent is considered spam.
- The amount of Membership Rewards points you may receive under the ‘Refer a Friend’ program is capped at 1,000,000 points per year.
- Your friend must apply from the referral link we have given you. If your friend applies from a separate link or applies independently (i.e. if they visit americanexpress.com directly) you will not receive your Membership Rewards points,
- You will only receive Membership Rewards points if your friend’s Card application is approved (in accordance with our usual Card application processes and assessments). Note: We will not tell you if your friend’s Card application is approved or declined for privacy and confidentiality reasons.
- It may take 8 to 10 weeks to be credited Membership Rewards points if you are successful.
3. Extend your cash flow by up to 55 days: Depending on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period.