1. Membership Rewards: Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program. You will earn 2.25 points for every $1 spent on all spend except government where you will earn 1 point for every $1 spent. Merchants classified as "government" include the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation, Federal/State and Local government bodies. Industry specific earn rate may apply when you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example a payment made to Local Government bodies processed through a payment aggregator may earn points at the government earn rate. There may be tax implications associated with participation in the Membership Rewards program. You are advised to check with your accountant or tax adviser for further information.
2. Up to 55 days cash flow: Depending on your method of payment, when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period. If you pay by direct debit, your payment will be processed 10 days after your statement is issued.
3.Prioirty Pass: From 1 August 2019, your Priority Pass benefit will be limited to lounge access only. Non-lounge airport experiences in the form of food and beverage credits at restaurants, cafes and bars will no longer be available. From this date, to continue to enjoy access to over 1,200 lounges in 130 countries, please visit americanexpress.com.au/platinumlounges and log in for a list of available lounges. These Terms and Conditions govern Platinum Card Members’ participation in and use of the Priority Pass™ program. Priority Pass is an independent airport lounge access program. At any visit to a Priority Pass lounge, you will be automatically charged the guest visit fee equal to the visit fee of the Priority Pass Standard program for each guest. By enrolling in Priority Pass, you agree that you will be responsible for any additional accompanying guest visits and that your Card will be automatically charged after you have signed for the additional guest visit and it has been reported to Priority Pass by the participating lounge. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that American Express will verify your Card Account number and provide updated Card Account information to Priority Pass. Priority Pass will use this information to fulfil on the Priority Pass program and may use this information for communications related to the program. The Card Member must enrol into Priority Pass. Once enrolled, Platinum Card Members in good standing may access participating Priority Pass lounges by presenting their Priority Pass card and airline boarding pass. In some lounges, the Priority Pass member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Priority Pass members must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Conference rooms, where available, may be reserved for a nominal fee. Priority Pass lounge partners and locations are subject to change. All Priority Pass members must adhere to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use, which will be sent to you with your membership package and can be viewed at prioritypass.com. Upon receipt of your enrolment information, Priority Pass will send your Priority Pass card and membership package, which you should receive within 4-6 weeks.
4. Insurance: The American Express® Platinum Business Card insurance is subject to Terms, Conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) – see the full Terms and Conditions. Travel Inconvenience Cover is automatically effective by being an American Express Platinum Business Card Member. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This communication does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full Terms and Conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
5. International American Express Lounges. Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to American Express Lounge locations. Guest access policies vary by location and are subject to change. To access American Express Lounges, the Platinum Card Member must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Platinum Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter a lounge with a self-service bar, unless you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside American Express Lounges. Use of American Express Lounges is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
6. Centurion Lounge: Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge locations. Platinum Card Members may bring immediate family (spouse or domestic partner and their children under 18) OR up to two (2) companions into The Centurion Lounge. To access The Centurion Lounge, the Platinum Card Member must present The Centurion Lounge agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates and policies. A Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. For lounges with a self-service bar, the Platinum Card Member must be 18 years of age to enter a lounge without a parent or legal guardian and must be at least 21 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly. Platinum Card Members are allowed access to The Centurion Lounge in all U.S. locations. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. The Centurion Lounge hours may vary by location and are subject to change. Amenities may vary among The Centurion Lounge locations and are subject to change. In-lounge services and amenities are complimentary, however, you are responsible for any purchases and/or servicing charges you authorise our Member Services Professionals to perform on your behalf. Some American Express Cards are not eligible for all services provided by Member Services Desk. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside The Centurion Lounge. Use of The Centurion Lounge is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
7. Plaza Premium. This benefit is available to Platinum Business Card Members. Card Members receive complimentary access to any global location of Plaza Premium Lounges. Card Members must present his or her valid Card, a confirmed boarding pass for same-day travel on any carrier and government-issued I.D. In some cases, Card Members must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Card Members may bring up to two companions into Plaza Premium Lounges as complimentary guests. Card Members must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Card Members and his or her guests will receive all of the complimentary benefits and amenities afforded to the Plaza Premium Lounge customers, as well as access to purchase non-complimentary items. Some product features may be subject to additional charges. Plaza Premium Lounge locations are subject to change.
8. Delta Sky Club: The Platinum Card Member must present his or her valid American Express® Platinum Card, government-issued I.D., and same-day corresponding airline ticket to club ambassador. Access to Delta Sky Club partner lounges is not permitted. Individuals must be at least 18 years of age to access Delta Sky Club, and 21 years of age to access locations with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by a responsible, supervising adult who has access to the lounge. Platinum Card Members must adhere to all House Rules of participating clubs. Participating airport clubs and locations are subject to change without notice. Additional guest access and fees are subject to the Terms and Conditions of participating airport clubs. For the most current Delta Sky Club access and pricing policy, please visit Delta.com/skyclub. All Delta Sky Club rules apply to Delta Sky Club membership and use. To review the rules, please visit Delta.com/skyclub.
9. Virgin Australia Lounge Access: Access is complimentary for American Express Platinum Business Card Members and one complimentary guest only. The Card Member and guest must be travelling with Virgin Australia domestically. Access is to Virgin Australia-branded lounges in Australia only. Name on boarding pass must match the name on Platinum Business Card. The Platinum Business Card Member and guest must present his or her valid Card and same-day boarding pass (containing their Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer number and status) to Virgin Australia lounge agents. One guest per Basic Platinum Business Card Member permitted. Guest must be travelling on the same Virgin Australia flight and present boarding pass. All access is subject to space availability. This benefit is subject to change. Visit virginaustralia.com/lounge for full Terms and Conditions.
10. Accor Plus Complimentary Membership: Accor Plus enrolment is required and available until 16 April 2021. Accor Plus benefit is available only to the Primary Platinum Card Member. Complimentary membership is annual within the benefit validity after which standard eligibility criteria applies. Membership privileges will only be granted on presentation of valid Accor Plus card and member must identify themselves as an Accor Plus member at time of booking. American Express reserves the right to instruct Accor Hotels to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your Account is not in good standing. Visit accorplus.com for full membership conditions, benefits and participating properties. Complimentary room nights are limited each night per participating property and must be made by visiting and booking through accorhotels.com. Enrolment in the Le Club Accor Hotels program is required to receive Silver tier benefits. Benefits are subject to change. Benefits are subject to availability and may vary by property. To view Terms and Conditions visit leclubaccorhotels.com. Dining and drinks discounts may not apply to breakfast at selected hotels in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and French Polynesia; mini bars, room service or pool bars; public holidays or during special events; or children’s menu. For more information, please visit accorplus.com/en/australia/benefits/more-sensations. Dining privileges are subject to the Accor Plus membership Terms and Conditions which are found at accorplus.com/en/australia/about/terms-and-conditions.
11. Fine Hotels & Resorts: Actual value will vary based on property, room rate, upgrade availability and use of benefits. Valid only for new Fine Hotels & Resorts bookings made through Platinum Travel Service or American Express Travel Online. Online bookings currently only available to Primary Platinum Card Members. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Platinum Card Member’s name. Available for Platinum Charge Card Members only, and excludes Platinum Credit Card Members who are not also Platinum Charge Card Members. Card Members must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Noon check-in and room upgrade are based on availability and are provided at check-in. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast. Complimentary In-Room Wi-Fi is provided, with the exception of explora Patagonia where In-Room Wi-Fi is not available. In this instance, complimentary Wi-Fi will be provided in a common space on property. In the case where a Property includes cost of Wi-Fi in a mandatory resort fee, the Card Member will receive a daily credit from the Property in the standard amount that the Property charges for Wi-Fi. The credit will be issued on the Platinum Card Member’s final statement upon check-out. Benefit restrictions vary by Fine Hotels & Resorts property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Advance reservations are recommended for services such as spa, dining or golf in order to take advantage of the Fine Hotels & Resorts special amenity during your stay. Benefits are only applied at checkout and expire at checkout. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Platinum Card Member, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property are considered one stay. Participating Fine Hotels & Resorts properties and benefits are subject to change.
As a Platinum Business Card Member you are eligible to enroll in complimentary Marriott Bonvoy™ Gold Elite Status. Once you request enrollment within the Marriott Bonvoy at the Gold Elite Status level, American Express will share your enrollment information with The Marriott Bonvoy™ Program (“Marriott Bonvoy™”). Marriott Bonvoy may use this information in accordance with its privacy statement available at www.marriott.com/privacy. You will maintain Gold Elite Status without meeting otherwise required Marriott Bonvoy criteria as long as you remain an eligible American Express Card Member or until American Express notifies you that the benefit is terminated. Marriott Bonvoy member benefits are subject to change, availability and certain eligibility requirements. Reservations booked through third parties and online booking sources are not eligible. For complete Marriott Bonvoy Program Terms visit www.marriott.com/signInOverlay.mi. Marriott Bonvoy program amenities may not be combined with the Fine Hotels & Resorts program. Upgrades are based upon availability and will vary by property.
Radisson Rewards.™ Enrolment in the Radisson Rewards program is required for membership to be upgraded to Gold status. Benefits are subject to change and availability may vary by property. Gold status amenities may not be combined with the Fine Hotels & Resorts program. All American Express and Radisson Rewards Terms and Conditions apply. To view Terms and Conditions visit radissonhotels.com/rewards/termsandconditions. American Express reserves the right to instruct Radisson Rewards to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your Account is not in good standing.
13. The Hotel Collection: Valid only for new The Hotel Collection bookings with participating providers of two or more consecutive nights made through Platinum Travel Service, Business Platinum Travel Service or Centurion Travel Service, American Express Travel office or American Express Travel Online (online bookings currently only available to Basic Card Members). Available only for the following American Express Cardmembers: Consumer and Business Gold Card Members, Consumer and Business Platinum Card ® Members and Consumer and Business Centurion® Members (“Eligible Card Members”). The term “Eligible Card Members” does not include Gold and Platinum Credit Card Members. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Eligible Card Members name. Eligible Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Hotel nightly rates vary by property, dates, room category and occupancy. Participating providers and benefits subject to change.
14. The Card Member will receive the credit as a deduction from the final hotel bill when checking out of the hotel. Card Members receive $1 USD for each eligible dollar spent up to $100 USD. Eligible charges exclude charges for taxes, gratuities, fees and cost of room. Additional exclusions based on specific hotel restrictions may also apply (including without limitation purchases within the hotel that are unaffiliated and/or owned by third parties) - see hotel front desk for details. Credit must be used in conjunction with initial stay and cannot be carried over to another stay, is not redeemable for cash and expires at check-out. Credit is non-exchangeable and non-refundable and is applied in USD or equivalent in local currency based on exchange rate on day of arrival. May not be combined with other offers or programs unless indicated. Limit one credit per room, per stay. Three-room limit per Eligible Cardmember per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay.
15. A one category room upgrade is based on availability and eligibility at check-in to the hotel.
16. Emergency Card Replacement: If your Card is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately. You can call American Express 24 hours a day. In Australia, call us on 1800 175 568. Once you have notified us, you are not liable for any unauthorised charges.
17. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards®: Benefits vary by market and location of rental, and may be subject to availability. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® enrolment is required to enjoy all benefits. Terms and Conditions apply. Visit the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® website for full Terms and Conditions. American Express Terms and Conditions apply. American Express reserves the right to instruct Hertz to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Corporate Platinum Card Member or your Account is not in good standing. Available for the American Express Corporate Platinum Card Member. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Corporate Platinum Card in the Corporate Platinum Card Member's name. Eligible Corporate Platinum Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described.
18. Avis Preferred: Enrolment in the Avis Preferred program is required to receive benefits. Benefits are subject to change. All Avis Preferred Terms and Conditions apply. To view partner Terms and Conditions, visit www.avispreferred.eu. American Express Terms and Conditions apply. American Express reserves the right to instruct Avis to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or if your Account is not in good standing.
19. Platinum Travel Service: All fees or amounts payable in relation to the services are inclusive of GST where applicable. All fees, taxes and charges levied by the travel providers and/or air travel suppliers still apply and these are subject to change without notice until such time as tickets are issued. Travel services provided by American Express International, Inc. ABN 15 000 618 208. Incorporated with Limited Liability in Delaware, USA.
20. Platinum Concierge: There is typically no cost to you for most efforts Concierge consultants perform on your behalf, although you are responsible for any purchases and/or shipping charges you authorise. Fees may apply for meetings and event planning. We reserve the right to note profile and preference data for servicing purposes.