TM, ®: Used under license from American Express. Copyright ©: Amex Bank of Canada, 2021.
* Qualifying purchases must be made directly at up to 10 different participating small business locations in Canada.This promotion is intended for eligible Canadian Cardmembers only. Department store concessions are not included in this offer. A qualifying purchase of at least $10 (CAD) in a single transaction that is made at a different participating business or different location of the same participating business will qualify for one $5 (CAD) statement credit up to a maximum of $50 (CAD) in statement credits per registered Card during the offer period. One or more purchases made at the same business location will qualify for one $5 (CAD) statement credit. Other terms apply.
1. Merchant must have a valid and active American Express Merchant Number and have possession of a terminal that is set up and able to process American Express Cards. Eligibility criteria applies for inclusion in the Shop Small promotion. Call us at 1-877-255-4334 (Monday – Friday: 9 am – 7 pm ET) to learn more.
2. Source: The Nilson Report # 1173 (April 2020). American Express transaction size derived as Canada year-end purchase volume divided by year-end purchase transactions. Average American Express transactions equals $136 USD ($180 CAD). Average Non-American Express transaction equals $69 USD ($92 CAD), includes Visa and MasterCard credit cards, and excludes Interac and debit volume and transactions. Purchase volume converted to Canadian dollars by multiplying US figures by 1.326 (average 2019 CAD to USD conversion rate as stated by https://www.x-rates.com/average/?from=USD&to=CAD&amount=1&year=2019)5.
3. To be eligible for the 1 day payment plan, your annual Charge Volume must be less than $2.5MIL CAD. The time it takes for us to receive your transactions is dependent upon how quickly your processor sends it to us. To ensure next day business pay, remember to submit your transaction as early as possible.
4. Your business could be recommended to Cardmembers in Cardmember emails sent by American Express.
5. American Express Maps is intended for general reference purposes only and does not represent a comprehensive list of all Card accepting merchants. Recommendations and other information included on the map are derived from internal American Express and third party data. Data is updated from time to time and may not be 100% accurate. American Express does not accept any responsibility or liability arising from any inaccuracies. You understand and agree that your use of the map is your choice and at your sole risk and that the map is provided to you 'as is' and 'as available'. List of Card accepting merchants is updated monthly. For a list of eligibility criteria or to access Frequently Asked Questions please visit https://icm.aexp-static.com/content/dam/one-amex/merchant/en-ca/footer/default/CAFAQs.pdf.
6. Source: American Express commissioned internet panel survey conducted in November - December 2019 based on purchases made in the 6 months prior to the survey. Definition of American Express® Card Members: Respondents who reported that they have an American Express Card and that they used that card to make retail purchases in the prior 6 months