Get started, get connected and learn about your Card benefits. Get the most out of your Card with
everything you need to know as a Cardmember.
Don't miss out!
Stay in the know and don't miss out on the latest offers and promotions by signing up for email updates from American Express.
Plus, learn more about the account tools you can tap into through the Amex App.
Don’t see your Card here?
Don’t worry, just click below for a list of other American Express Cards. From there you can view all your Card’s benefits.
Where can I learn more about the insurance coverages on my Card?
You can learn more about the insurance coverages that currently come with your Card and how to make a claim on the 'Review your Coverage’ page.
For Corporate Cardmembers, you can learn more about the insurance coverages that currently come with your Corporate Card and how to make a claim by selecting your Corporate Card from the Card benefits section and then selecting the ‘Insurance & Coverage’ tab.
Can I update my contact details online?
Yes, you can view and update your address(es), email address and phone number(s) by logging in to Online Services. Go to the 'Manage Accounts' tab and select 'Edit Account Details'.
How can I see the settings for another Card?
From the Account Home page, you can toggle between Cards by clicking the Card icon on the top right to view and manage the settings for your other Card(s).
How can I check my Card’s spending power?
You can use the Check Spending Power tool through your Online Services account or in the Amex App to find out instantly if a large purchase you are planning can be approved (on eligible Cards).3 Terms apply.*
Which businesses accept American Express?
You can explore the many businesses accepting American Express on Amex Maps or the Online Directory.4
Am I able to make payments online?
Yes, you can make a payment online through the Payment Centre by clicking 'Make a payment' after you log in to Online Services.
How do I confirm that my payment was processed?
If you are the Basic Cardmember, you can log in to Online Services to check if the payment has been reflected on your account.
To be notified of a payment received confirmation (Basic Cardmember only):
- Visit the Manage Accounts tab, go to 'Communication Preferences' and click on 'Account Alerts'
- Set up email or text notifications
Depending on the payment option chosen, your payment can be processed same day or take up to 5 business days. Fees may be applicable, and services may also vary by financial institution. Payments will be credited upon receipt by AMEX Bank of Canada.
How can I enrol in Pre-authorized Payment Plan or Pay by Phone?
You can choose to have payments taken automatically from your Canadian dollar bank account with our Pre-authorized Payment Plan or make payments anytime by calling American Express Pay by Phone. To enrol, please click here for Electronic Payment Program. Please note the enrolment process will take 3-5 business days to complete enrolment.
Still have questions?
Visit the Help Centre for answers.
* This approval is based on your current account status. Certain changes to your account could affect the approved amount such as additional purchases, past due balance, a returned payment, a significant change in your spending pattern, or a fraud risk on your card. This approval is based on your overall ability to spend and is not related to the Flexible Payment Option limit on your account.
1. We will guarantee protection against fraudulent payments on your Card, provided you have taken the responsibility to notify us immediately, and you have complied with your Card Terms and Conditions.
2. Retailer contactless limits may apply. Please check before paying.
3. You may be approved to temporarily spend over your credit limit but you may be subject to an overlimit fee. Any overlimit transactions will increase your Minimum Payment Due. This request is not valid for cash withdrawals. Certain changes to your account could affect the approved amount.
4. American Express Maps features eligible American Express Card accepting merchants and is intended for general reference purposes only. It does not represent a comprehensive list of all Card accepting merchants. Data is updated from time to time and may not be 100% accurate. For a list of eligibility criteria or to access Frequently Asked Questions please visit icm.aexp-static.com/content/dam/one-amex/merchant/en-ca/footer/default/CAFAQs.pdf
®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.
TM*: Google Pay is a trademark of Google LLC.
Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
®*, TM**: Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Amex Bank of Canada.
®**: For trademark ownership details see: americanexpress.ca/aeroplantrademarks
TM***: 2021 Marriott International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All names, marks and logos are the trademarks of Marriott International, Inc., or its affiliates, unless otherwise noted.