Using Samsung Pay with an American Express Card
The following Terms and Conditions govern your use of your American Express Card in the Samsung Pay application (“Samsung Pay”) available on supported devices offered by Samsung. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACTIVATING OR USING YOUR AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD WITH SAMSUNG PAY, BECAUSE BY DOING SO, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACTIVATE OR USE YOUR AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD WITH SAMSUNG PAY.
1. You may use Samsung Pay with an American Express card if you hold a basic or supplementary American Express Consumer Card issued by American Express International, Inc. ("American Express") in Hong Kong (“Eligible Cards”) (“Eligible Cardmembers”). Use of Samsung Pay is not available to holders of American Express Corporate Card, American Express Gold Corporate Card, American Express Cathay Pacific Corporate Card, American Express Cathay Pacific Elite Corporate Card, American Express Corporate Meeting Card, American Express Corporate Purchasing Card, American Express Business Travel Account and all American Express Cards issued outside of Hong Kong. If you have a valid American Express Card issued by a licensed third-party financial institution, please check with your issuer if you are eligible to participate by calling the number on the back of your Card.
2. Samsung Pay allows You to make contactless payments using Eligible Cards with a compatible Samsung device (such as Samsung Gear) at merchants who accept such contactless payments in lieu of presenting a physical Eligible Card and in-app purchase on Your Samsung device in supported applications. The applicable Card Member Agreement continues to govern your use of an Eligible Card in Samsung Pay.
3. Any person with your device passcode or biometric identifier (i.e. fingerprint, iris or face) registered to your device will be able to authorise transactions using your card in Samsung Pay. Do not let anyone else, including family members, have their fingerprint or iris registered to your device while your card is registered in Samsung Pay. You must keep your device safe and secure at all times, and your device passcode secret.
4. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Samsung User ID, passwords and any other means that you may from time to time have to access Samsung Pay.
5. Each Card being approved in Samsung Pay will be assigned a unique Device Card Number. This number will be used to identify your Card in transactions made using Samsung Pay and the partial number may be shown in transaction records in lieu of your Card number.
If your device is lost or stolen
6. Call us immediately using the number on the back of your card if you believe that your Samsung device has been lost, stolen or your credentials compromised in any way. We can suspend or remove your card from Samsung Pay to prevent further unauthorised use.