Using Amex Pay: Important information
Keeping your Account secure
• You must keep your device and screen unlock details safe and secure at all times – just like your actual Card Account details.
• Never share your screen unlock details with someone else or register their fingerprint to your device. If you do allow someone access and they buy something, we'll consider that an authorised transaction.
• You must set up a screen lock on your mobile phone to use Amex Pay.
• If you disable the screen lock function on your device, your Card will be removed from Amex Pay.
• It is recommended that you delete your Card from Amex Pay if you change, throw away or give your device to someone else, even temporarily (e.g., to be repaired).
•Enable automatic updates for your operating systems and antivirus software on your mobile device to be equipped of the latest security patch.
•Avoid opening attachments and links in unsolicited emails or SMSes on your mobile device as they may be malicious software or webpages designed to gain access to your personal data without your consent.
•Download the Amex Mobile App only from trusted sources (i.e. official Apple App Store or Google Play Store). Avoid downloading unnecessary apps, and downloading apps from unknown 3rd party stores, as these may possible contain malware. Malware seeks to invade mobile devices to steal data without users’ knowledge or consent.
• For additional tips, visit our safety and security hub.
Lost or stolen devices
Please call us immediately on the number on the back of your Card if your device has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way. We can suspend or remove your Card from Amex Pay to prevent unauthorised use.
Personal information and data protection
We will use your personal information in accordance with the American Express Online Privacy Statement.