Terms and Conditions
American Express credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. All Interest Rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information is correct as at 1 April 2013 and is subject to change. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited.
1. All flights are subject to availability and American Express does not guarantee that seats nor tickets will be available on the dates or at the times you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. Some flights may not have any seats available for redemption. Route availability is subject to change without notice. All travel is subject to the American Express Flight Offer Conditions.
2. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au. Participating retailers include the following merchants who have been classified as “major supermarkets”: Bi-Lo, Flemings, Safeway, Woolworths, Coles, IGA, Franklins, Fishers, Fresh Provisions, Food For Less, Supabarn, Macro Wholefoods. Participating retailers include the following merchants who have been classified as “major petrol stations”: BP, Shell, Caltex Woolworths, 7 Eleven, Woolworths Petrol, Safeway petrol, Peak & Gull. Exceptions may apply if an individual merchant trading as one of the above named retailers does not accept American Express as a form of payment. Purchases at major supermarket & major petrol station retailers are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in Australia.
3. American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card Insurances are underwritten by ACE Insurance Limited
(ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (ACE) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card Insurances policy of insurance between American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313) (American Express) and ACE. This brochure does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
4. All Interest Rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information is correct as at 1 April 2013 and is subject to change.
5. Purchases must be charged in full to your American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card. Offers cannot be combined with other promotions or offers. American Express and the business establishment reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
6. Travel services are provided by American Express International, Inc.(ABN 15 000 618 208) Incorporated with limited liability in Delaware, USA Licenced Travel Agent, 12 Shelley Street, Sydney NSW. Licence No. NSW 2TA000113, VIC 30233, QLD TAG132, WA 9TA81, SA-TTA30, TAS-TAS064, ACT 212/D.
7. Supplementary Credit Cardmembers must be over 18 years of age. You will be liable for all Supplementary Credit Card spending.
8. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline rewards or frequent guest partner program you must be a member of the partner program. Membership of the partner program is the Cardmembers responsibility and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the applicable program. A joining fee may apply.
9. Gift Card or voucher rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit and are valid for a period of 3 months from the date of issue, unless otherwise stated. Normal retailer Gift Card and voucher conditions apply. Points may be redeemed by the Basic Cardmember for a credit on the Primary Card Account. American Express may decline a Points for Credit request where the Card Account or Cardmember’s other accounts with American Express are not in good standing. The redemption of Points for Credit will be administered solely by American Express within 3 business days and cannot be reversed. Redeeming Points for Credit is not available for redemption by Corporate Card accounts and is not redeemable for cash via Credit balance refund.
10. Travelscene Pty. Ltd. Licence No. NSW 2TA003629, VIC 32089, SA TTA163633, QLD 1431, WA 9TA974. Harvey World Travel Franchises Pty. Ltd. Licence No's: A.C.T: TC373, NSW/WA: 2TA5129, NT: NT001, QLD: TAG 1718, SA: TTA 165258, TAS: TAS 069, VIC: 32392. Each Travelscene American Express and some Harvey World Travel shop are independently owned and have its own travel agent's licence. Travel Agent service charges may apply.