1. The American Express Explorer Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - see the full terms and conditions available here. You must use your American Express Explorer Card to pay for your return trip in order to be eligible for the travel insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This webpage does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
2. American Express Explorer Credit Card Members are eligible for one Travel Credit of $400 per year. Subject to Travel Credit terms and conditions. To redeem the Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual fee and minimum payment by the due date. The Travel Credit can be redeemed for any eligible travel booked and paid online through American Express Travel in a single booking. For bookings less than $400 any unused portion of the Travel Credit will be forfeited. Eligible travel includes Flight, Hotel, Car Hire and Experience bookings only and may not be used towards Cruises. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Your travel credit for that year will be forfeited if you cancel your booking, subject to supplier’s terms and conditions plus applicable fees.
3. Entry into The American Express Lounges in Australia is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available here. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. American Express Explorer Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December) for their Account. Complimentary access is available for the Card Member’s children between the ages of 2 and 17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member’s American Express Card.
4. American Express Travel Online. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through American Express Travel Online with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be booked for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Points cannot be used for Cruise Privileges bookings. All travel bookings are subject to availability. Subject to the American Express Travel Online standard booking terms and conditions.
5. Helloworld Travel and Webjet. A minimum of 7,500 points must be redeemed at any one time. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through Webjet.com.au and helloworld with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be booked for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions and the partners' booking terms and conditions.
6. Airline and Hotel partners. To redeem points, you must be a member of the applicable frequent traveller program. Enrolment in the partner program is solely your responsibility and fees may apply. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
7. Taste by American Express Invites benefit is subject to the Terms and Conditions below.
This benefit is only redeemable when paid for with an American Express Card.
The benefit is fulfilled by making reservation bookings directly with the restaurant in the American Express Card Member’s name and is subject to table availability. American Express Card Members can either call or walk in to the restaurant to check availability and book. Card Members have to identify themselves as an American Express Card Member at the time of booking or before ordering to receive the benefits on the dining day.
The benefit is valid for seated dining only and cannot be combined with any other benefit.
Each restaurant offers one of the following offers as stated in their offer details and this is not negotiable:
- a complimentary appetizer from the a la carte menu (up to ten guests)
- or a complimentary bottle of wine (per table)
- or a discount of 20% on food purchases (up to ten guests) and will be provided by the participating restaurants in accordance with the provisions set out here.
The offer is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
Complimentary appetizer selection may be limited by the restaurant at its discretion and will only be valid when a main course and a dessert are purchased per person.
The complimentary bottle of wine is selected by the restaurant and cannot be taken away or consumed off premises. The complimentary bottle of wine will only be valid when a main course per person is purchased.
Exclusions may apply. The benefits are limited to one redemption per visit, per American Express Card, per bill, per table, unless otherwise stated; a restaurant may cap benefit availability to 10 guests per booking at its discretion.
The benefit is available for lunch or dinner on any day of the week, unless otherwise noted.
Blackout dates apply, please check with individual restaurants when booking.
Should an American Express Card Member face any issues including any failure to fulfil the benefit, please contact the relevant restaurant. Alternatively, American Express Card Members may contact American Express Customer Services by calling the number on the back of their Card. American Express Card Members with Cards issued from a bank partner should complete the Contact Us form on American Express Connect.
Fulfilment of this offer is the sole responsibility of the participating American Express restaurant.