Offer Terms and Conditions:
1. The Offer (as defined in clause 2 of this Terms & Conditions) is only applicable to existing Cardmembers of American Express® Business Card, American Express® Gold Business Card and Hong Kong Dental Association American Express® Gold Business Cards issued by American Express International, Inc. (“American Express”) in Hong Kong (“Cardmember(s)”).
2. HK$400 statement credit will be credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account for successfully applying for one Supplementary Card for American Express Business Card, American Express Gold Business Card or Hong Kong Dental Association American Express Gold Business Card and have at least 1 Eligible Transaction (as defined in clause 5 of this Terms & Conditions) with the new Supplementary Card in the first 2 months from the date of the new Supplementary Card approval (“Offer”). Offer is only valid for Supplementary Card applications of American Express Business Card, American Express Gold Business Card or Hong Kong Dental Association American Express Gold Business Card that are successfully received and approved by American Express between September 10, 2021 and December 10, 2021 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”).
3. Each Basic Cardmember can only enjoy up to HK$1,200 statement credit. The statement credit will be credited back to the Basic Cardmember account by June 10, 2022.
4. This Offer is not valid for Supplementary Card that is applied along with the Basic Card of American Express Business Card, American Express Gold Business Card or Hong Kong Dental Association American Express Gold Business Card.
5. Eligible Transactions do not include finance charges, late payment charges and other fees and charges (including charges for dishonored cheques), balance transfers, Express Cash, refunds (including tax refunds for overseas purchases), tax bill payment, utilities payment, purchase of American Express Travelers cheque and other credits to your account. (“Eligible Transactions”)
6. To enjoy the Offer, Cardmembers must settle the payment with a newly approved Supplementary Card.
7. For American Express Gold Business Card, Cardmember can apply up to 3 complimentary Supplementary Cards, an annual fee of HK$425 will be charged for the 4th and subsequent Supplementary Cards. For American Express Business Card, an annual fee of HK$275 will be charged per Supplementary Card. For Hong Kong Dental Association American Express Gold Business Card, annual fee for all Supplementary Cards will be waived.
8. Supplementary Cardmembers must be over 18 years of age. The Business, the Basic Cardmember and each Supplementary Cardmember are jointly and severally liable for all Supplementary Card spending.
9. American Express reserves the right to decline applicants including applicants who have unsatisfactory credit history or do not meet its credit criteria.
10. If Basic Cardmember cancels American Express® Business Card, American Express® Gold Business Card or Hong Kong Dental Association American Express Gold Business Card within 12 months of Card issuance, American Express reserves the right to debit the original price of the Offer.
11. Cardmembers with good standing throughout the Promotional Period and Redemption Period will be eligible for this promotion’s statement credit rewards. American Express reserves the right not to offer any rewards to Cardmembers who fail to fulfill the above conditions without prior notice.
12. This Offer is non-transferable, cannot be exchanged for cash or used in conjunction with any other promotional offer unless otherwise specified.
13. American Express shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of taking or using any of the products and/or services, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
14. Eligible Transactions which are subsequently cancelled, refunded, disputed or unposted will be disqualified, and the earned spending-related Offer will be withdrawn from Basic Cardmember’s account.
15. All receipts /sales slips of Eligible Transactions should be shown for supporting when necessary.
16. American Express reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and to terminate this program without prior notice.
17. Should any dispute arise, the decision of American Express shall be final.
18. In case of inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.