1. Subject to the American Express Airpoints Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here. Status Points and Airpoints Dollars are not earned on purchases of American Express Travellers Cheques, Gift Cheques or for purchases of Foreign Exchange, cash advances, balance transfers, interest, annual Card fees or other fees and charges billed to the account. Air New Zealand Airpoints Programme terms and conditions also apply. Airpoints Dollars and Status Points earning rates are subject to change with reasonable notice.
2. You can earn up to half the Status Points you need to reach or maintain your Silver or Gold Airpoints tier status by making purchases on your Credit Card. You need to earn at least 900 Status Points on Air New Zealand operated flights to change from Gold to Gold Elite, and 810 Status Points on Air New Zealand operated flights to maintain Gold Elite, and the balance can be earned by making purchases on your Credit Card. Visit airnewzealand.co.nz/airpoints for details of the number of Status Points required. For full list of exclusions, please refer to the American Express Airpoints Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here.
3. Supplementary Card Members must be 18 years of age or older. The primary Card Member will be liable for all spending on Supplementary Cards.
4. The American Express Airpoints Platinum Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - see the full terms and conditions available here. You must use your American Express Airpoints Platinum Card to pay for your return trip in order to be eligible for the travel insurance or pay for eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited (Company No. 104656) under a group policy held by American Express International (NZ), Inc. (Company Number 867929). Card members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This website does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
5. Your Priority Pass benefit will be limited to lounge access only. Non-lounge airport experiences in the form of food and beverage credits at restaurants, cafes and bars are not available. Enjoy access to over 1,300 lounges in 148 countries, please visit www.prioritypass.com and log in for a list of available lounges. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Priority Pass™ program. Priority Pass is an independent airport lounge access program. Basic American Express Airpoints Platinum Card Members are entitled to two complimentary visits within each 12-month membership period, after which every visit would be charged to your American Express Card as per the prevailing rates available at www.prioritypass.com. Some lounges do not admit guests. To access participating Priority Pass lounges, present your Priority Pass card and confirmed airline boarding pass. In some lounges, Priority Pass member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Priority Pass members must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Conference rooms, where available, may be reserved for a nominal fee. Priority Pass lounge partners and locations are subject to change. All Priority Pass members must adhere to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use, including house rules of participating lounges, and can be viewed at www.prioritypass.com. Please allow 4-6 weeks from enrolment to receive your Priority Pass card and membership package.
6. Entry into The Centurion® Lounges is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available here. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. To access lounge, present your American Express Airpoints Platinum Card and government issued ID. American Express Airpoints Platinum Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into The Centurion® Lounges in Australia, per calendar year (1st January to 31st December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member’s children 17 years and younger. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member’s American Express Card.
7. Cover applies for incidents occurring on or after 27 November 2017. For all non-emergency insurance claims, please follow the link www.chubbclaims.com/amex/nz-en/claims. This insurance is subject to Terms, Conditions and exclusions – see the full insurance Terms and Conditions for your American Express Airpoints Platinum Card available here. You must use your American Express Card to pay for your smartphone or monthly contract in order to be covered under the Smartphone Screen Insurance. Maximum of 2 claims per 12 month period, per Account, maximum cover of $500 per claim and an excess of 10% of the claimed amount applies. Waiting periods may apply. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited (Company No. 104656) under a group policy held by American Express International (NZ), Inc. (Company Number 867929). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This communication does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full Terms and Conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
8. The Basic Card Member shall be entitled to a waiver of the Koru joining fee and a discount of $145 on one-year, individual Koru membership. The Koru joining fee waiver and the discount on the Koru annual membership fee only applies to Card Members and may only be used in conjunction with one-year Koru memberships for individuals. The Koru joining fee and/or Koru annual membership fee will not be refunded if it has already been paid to Air New Zealand. Koru terms and conditions apply.
The American Express Credit Card Terms and Conditions are available here