1. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline partner programme or a frequent guest partner programme, you must be a Member of the partner programme. Membership of the partner programme is the Card Member's responsibility and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable programme. A joining fee may apply. Minimum redemption amounts apply. Partners are subject to change. Visit membershiprewards.co.nz for details.
2. Points are only redeemable in store. A minimum of 10,000 points must be redeemed at any one time. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards programme.
3. Partner terms and conditions apply. Available to New Zealand enrollees who reside in New Zealand only. Enrolment in the New Zealand American Express Membership Rewards Programme is required. A fee may apply. Flights are subject to availability. American Express accepts no responsibility for any information passed by you to Webjet. A minimum of 10,000 points must be redeemed at any one time. If using 'Points + Pay' the pay amount will be automatically billed to your Card Account and will appear on the first billing statement following redemption.
4. Points will be debited from your Membership Rewards account and a credit placed on your Card in line with the points chosen to be used for the Eligible Charge. A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points is required for any Use Points for Your Charges transaction. Any credit to your Card Account cannot exceed the amount of the relevant Eligible Charges. A credit will appear on your statement identified as “Membership Rewards Credit”. Points will be debited immediately and the credit will take up to 72 hours to appear online. Credits processed after the Card Account’s statement closing date will appear in the following statement. You are still responsible for payment of the amount due on your Card Account by the due date. Use Points for Charges is not redeemable for cash via Credit balance refund. American Express will select and display each eligible charge for Use Points for Your Charges (“Eligible Charge”) and the Points required to pay for the Eligible Charge. Each Eligible Charge must: (a) appear within the first 150 transactions of the Online Statement of the Summary of Accounts page; (b) be redeemed within 2 months of the charge appearing on your Card Account; (c) not currently or have previously been disputed; and (d) not be a fee. Eligible Charges, including the points rate required to pay for the Eligible Charge, may be changed at any time without notice. Use Points for Your Charges transactions can only be completed online. Use Points for Your Charges is available only to Basic Card Members enrolled in the New Zealand Membership Rewards programme and is subject to the full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
5. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards Programme available at membershiprewards.co.nz. Participating retailers include the following merchants who have been classified as "major supermarkets": Countdown, Countdown Online, Farro Fresh, FreshChoice, New World, Nosh, PAK'nSAVE and SuperValue. Participating retailers include the following merchants who have been classified as "major petrol stations": BP, Caltex, GAS (Gasoline Alley Services), Gull, Mobil, Shell and Z. Exceptions may apply if an individual merchant trading as one of the above named retailers does not accept American Express as a form of payment. Purchases at major supermarket & major petrol station retailers are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in New Zealand.
6. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards Programme available here.
7. Annual Dining Credit. Valid at participating Dining Collection restaurants only. Limited to one $150 credit each defined calendar period, per Platinum Card Account. The defined calendar periods are between 25 February 2021 and 30 June 2021, and between 1 July 2021 and 31 December 2021. From 2022 onwards, the defined calendar periods are between 1 January and 30 June, and between 1 July and 31 December. Limited to a maximum of two credits at a total of $300 each year, per Platinum Card Account. Your Card must be charged prior to the end of each defined calendar period to be eligible for the credit in the defined calendar period. Spend on Additional Cards will count towards the offer. Excludes transactions where you do not spend directly with your Card at a participating Dining Collection restaurant. Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 business days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from the end of the defined calendar period. Excludes transactions made through a third party establishment or payment processor. Credit is not redeemable for cash or other payment form. Credit will not be applied to your Platinum Card Account if your Card has been suspended or cancelled. Credit may be reversed if your qualifying purchase is refunded or cancelled. Visit here for more details on the Dining Collection restaurants.
8. $200 Travel Credit. Card Members are eligible for one $200 Travel Credit per year on annual Card fee renewal date. The $200 Travel Credit can be redeemed against any single eligible travel booking when booking online through americanexpress.co.nz/travel or by phone through your Platinum Travel Service. If the full Travel Credit amount is not redeemed against a single travel booking then the remaining amount will be forfeited. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from date of issue and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Supplementary Card Members and American Express Platinum Business Cards are not eligible for this benefit. Refunds may be permitted based on supplier cancellation policy. The amount refunded will be the value of the booking, less supplier fees and the $200 contributed by American Express. There is no refund on the $200 credit. If a booking has been cancelled the Travel Credit for that year will be forfeited. Changes to bookings are permitted subject to supplier terms and conditions. Booking amendment fees may apply. Membership Rewards points will not be earned on the Travel Credit. Travel Credit redemptions made through americanexpress.co.nz/travel or by phone, is applicable to eligible Flight, Hotel and Car Hire bookings only. The credit may not be used towards Hotel and Car Hire bookings that are reserved on the American Express Travel website where payment is made directly to the supplier (e.g. Fine Hotels + Resorts).
9. Air New Zealand Conditions of Carriage and Airpoints Programme Terms and Conditions apply. Visit airnz.co.nz for full details.
10. Airpoints Terms & Conditions. Subject to the American Express Airpoints Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here. Status Points and Airpoints Dollars are not earned on purchases of American Express Travellers Cheques, Gift Cards or for purchases of Foreign Exchange, cash advances, balance transfers, interest, annual Card fees or other fees and charges billed to the account. Air New Zealand Airpoints Programme terms and conditions also apply. Airpoints Dollars and Status Points earning rates are subject to change with reasonable notice.
11. Airpoints are earned in accordance with the American Express Airpoints Card Terms and Conditions. Exclusions apply. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for Traveller's Cheques, Gift Cheques and Foreign currencies or annual Card fees or other fees and charges billed to the Account. These do not earn Airpoints. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the American Express Airpoints Card Terms and Conditions available here.