Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, travel insurance is an essential part of any trip. Your American Express Platinum Membership Rewards Credit Card offers peace of mind for you, your partner and your children under the age of 22 years when traveling overseas and domestically, as long as your:
- American Express Platinum Membership Rewards Credit Card is used to purchase your ticket in full; and
- Your trip begins and ends in New Zealand.
Here are just some of the insurance benefits you'll have access to1:
- Overseas Medical Emergency Expenses and Repatriation Cover up to $2,500,000;
- Travel Cancellation Cover up to $30,000;
- Baggage Loss or Damage Cover up to $30,000;
- Personal Liability Cover up to $2,000,000;
- Travel Incovenience Cover which may cover you for flight delays, missed connections and luggage delays.
Key limitations and exclusions:
- Claims related to pre-existing medical conditions are excluded;
- Cover for medical assistance and expenses are only available until you (or your family) reach 80 years of age;
- Medical cover does not apply to Supplementary Card Members;
- In order to receive certain insurance benefits, you need to purchase the trip on your American Express Platinum Membership Rewards Credit Card in full.
For full details of the insurance cover, including terms, conditions and exclusions, please refer to the American Express Platinum Membership Rewards Credit Card Insurance Terms and Conditions here.