1. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards Programme available at membershiprewards.co.nz. Participating retailers include the following merchants who have been classified as "major supermarkets": Countdown, Countdown Online, Farro Fresh, FreshChoice, New World, Nosh, PAK'nSAVE and SuperValue. Participating retailers include the following merchants who have been classified as "major petrol stations": BP, Caltex, GAS (Gasoline Alley Services), Gull, Mobil, Shell and Z. Exceptions may apply if an individual merchant trading as one of the above named retailers does not accept American Express as a form of payment. Purchases at major supermarket & major petrol station retailers are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in New Zealand.
2. Supplementary Credit Card Members must be over 18 years of age. The Primary Card Member will be liable for all Supplementary Credit Card spending.
3. Points will be debited from your Membership Rewards account and a credit placed on your Card in line with the points chosen to be used for the Eligible Charge. A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points is required for any Use Points for Your Charges transaction. Any credit to your Card Account cannot exceed the amount of the relevant Eligible Charges. A credit will appear on your statement identified as “Membership Rewards Credit”. Points will be debited immediately and the credit will take up to 72 hours to appear online. Credits processed after the Card Account’s statement closing date will appear in the following statement. You are still responsible for payment of the amount due on your Card Account by the due date. Use Points for Charges is not redeemable for cash via Credit balance refund. American Express will select and display each eligible charge for Use Points for Your Charges (“Eligible Charge”) and the Points required to pay for the Eligible Charge. Each Eligible Charge must: (a) appear within the first 150 transactions of the Online Statement of the Summary of Accounts page; (b) be redeemed within 2 months of the charge appearing on your Card Account; (c) not currently or have previously been disputed; and (d) not be a fee. Eligible Charges, including the points rate required to pay for the Eligible Charge, may be changed at any time without notice. Use Points for Your Charges transactions can only be completed online. Use Points for Your Charges is available only to Basic Card Members enrolled in the New Zealand Membership Rewards programme and is subject to the full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
4. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through American Express Travel Online with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be booked for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Points cannot be used for Cruise Privileges bookings. All travel bookings are subject to availability. Subject to the American Express Travel Online standard booking terms and conditions.
5. Points are only redeemable in store. A minimum of 10,000 points must be redeemed at any one time. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards programme.
6. Partner terms and conditions apply. Available to New Zealand enrollees who reside in New Zealand only. Enrolment in the New Zealand American Express Membership Rewards Programme is required. A fee may apply. Flights are subject to availability. American Express accepts no responsibility for any information passed by you to Webjet. A minimum of 10,000 points must be redeemed at any one time. If using 'Points + Pay' the pay amount will be automatically billed to your Card Account and will appear on the first billing statement following redemption. 6. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline partner programme or a frequent guest partner programme, you must be a member of the partner programme. Membership of the partner programme is the Card Member's responsibility and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable programme. A joining fee may apply. Minimum redemption amounts apply. Partners are subject to change. Visit membershiprewards.co.nz for details.
7. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline partner programme or a frequent guest partner programme, you must be a member of the partner programme. Membership of the partner programme is the Card Member's responsibility and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable programme. A joining fee may apply. Minimum redemption amounts apply. Partners are subject to change. Visit membershiprewards.co.nz for details.
8 All rewards are subject to availability. Gift Card or voucher rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit and are valid for a period of 3 months from the date of issue, unless otherwise stated. Normal retailer Gift Card and voucher conditions apply.