A Travel Rewards Card is a type of Credit Card or Charge Card that’s ideal for travelling. You can use it to book flights and hotel stays when planning to go on holiday, and it's accepted around the world.
American Express Travel Rewards Cards come with additional perks. These include airport lounge access and points programmes for discounts.
American Express Travel Rewards Cards work much like normal Credit Cards or Charge Cards. Use your Card for everyday purchases to start collecting rewards points, then redeem these for travel treats – from booking hotels and car hire to other exciting experiences.
If your Card earns Membership Rewards points, you can transfer these to one of our partner loyalty programmes and spend them there.
Here’s how an American Express Travel Rewards Card could enhance your next trip:
Travel with points
Some of our Travel Rewards Cards offer Travel Accident and Travel Inconvenience insurance, keeping you covered for international or domestic travel when you book and pay for your trip with the eligible Card.
Turning back the crisp white sheets in a great hotel is one of the joys of travelling.
Another is knowing you’ve paid with points.
American Express Travel Online can help you find the perfect place to rest your head. Or, if you prefer, you can transfer your American Express Membership Rewards points to one of our three hotel partners to book directly.
Airport lounge access
The American Express® Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card lets you escape the airport crowds with two complimentary lounge visits per year.
After something more comprehensive? The Platinum Card® offers unlimited complimentary access to over 1,400 lounges worldwide for you and a guest, including Priority Pass™ lounges.
Taste from American Express® Experiences is an exciting service for lovers of good food. Curated by a team of global dining experts, Taste-listed restaurants are recommended local favourites.
They also offer Cardmembers something special on the house, like discounts, a
complimentary bottle of wine or an appetiser. So wherever you are in the world,
you can find great places to eat and earn Membership Rewards points while you
American Express Travel
American Express Travel makes it easy to organise transport to eligible destinations
around the world. And you can even pay with American Express Membership Rewards
points. Try our online booking service.
No matter where you are in the world, we'll be here when you need us, 24/7, via the American Express app.
Receive a variety of premium benefits such as airport lounge access or 2-4-1 travel vouchers on top of earning points for your everyday spend.
Travel Rewards Cards
Enjoy all the benefits, convenience and security of an American Express Card when travelling, with the added bonus of earning points when you make purchases at home and abroad.
Earn cashback everyday.
American Express Cashback Credit Cards give you all the benefits and convenience of an American Express Credit Card, whist earning you cashback on your purchases.
Get the most out of life.
Enjoy all the benefits, convenience and security of an American Express Card – with the added bonus of accumulating Rewards points which offer you the flexibility to redeem for flights, hotels, gift cards and more.
No Annual Fee Cards
Get the most out of your Card with no annual fee.
Enjoy all the benefits, convenience and security of an American Express Card - with the added bonus of accumulating rewards.
I am aged 18 or over
I have no history of bad debt
I have a permanent UK home address
I have a current UK bank or building society account
Some Cards may have additional specific eligibility criteria, and you will be asked to provide employment, income and bank account information in order to submit your application.
Once you have found the Card that best suits you, read the important information, then click the 'Apply now' button on the page to begin the application process. At this point, you can choose optional additional benefits and also decide how you'd like your name to appear on your Card.
Find out if you're eligible with our Eligibility Checker
Only takes a couple of minutes to complete
Will not impact your
Allows you to apply
1. 40,000 bonus Avios will be awarded onto your Account if you are a new Cardmember and you have applied by 28 February 2022 and once you have been approved and you have spent and charged a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services to the Account within the first three months of Cardmembership. Cardmembership begins from Card approval. Please
note, it can take up to one month for the bonus Avios to be awarded to your Account once you have met the required spend.
For the Premium Plus Card, you will be awarded 1.5 Avios for every £1 spent and charged per transaction, and 3 Avios for virtually every £1 you spend direct on British Airways flights and holidays. Avios are not earned on Balance Transfers, Cash Withdrawals, American Express Travellers Cheques purchases, Foreign Exchange, interest, any spending in excess of your credit limit, charges for returned payments, late payment or referral charges and American Express Credit Card finance charges. Written details available on request. currently hold or have held any personal British Airways American Express Card product in the past 24 months. Please note, it can take up to one month for the bonus Avios to be awarded to your Account once you have met the required spend.
2. Terms and Conditions apply to Avios redemptions. Reward flights and Companion Voucher bookings are subject to availability and taxes, fees, carrier charges apply per person. Companion Vouchers can only be used when redeeming Avios for a British Airways reward flight seat in economy only, paid in full with Avios. Detailed information on Companion Voucher can be found here or by
calling 0844 493 0750 (calls cost 7ppm plus your telephone company access charge).
3. Subject to enrolment, for more information click here. Terms and Conditions apply. Please see the Insurance Terms and Conditions for full details. Please read this to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
4. Earn Gold Elite status after making £15,000 in eligible purchase on your Card in a calendar year. This includes 25% Bonus Points on Stays, Gold Welcome Gift of Points (250/500 Points, Varies by
Brand), 2p.m. Late Checkout (Based on Availability), Enhanced Room Upgrade (Based on Availability), Complimentary Enhanced In-Room Internet Access, Dedicated Elite Reservation Line.
5. Terms and Conditions apply to points redemptions and are subject to availability. Detailed information can be found here. All applicable Terms and Conditions will be provided to you as you receive your Card when approved.
6. 20,000 bonus Marriott BonvoyTM points: You will receive 20,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points when you spend and charge £3,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership. Please note that it can take up to two months for bonus points to be awarded to your Account. Please see complete information on complimentary nights by visiting Marriott.co.uk.
7. 20,000 Membership Rewards bonus points: The 20,000 Membership Rewards bonus points will be awarded onto your Account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged £3,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership. Cardmembership begins from Card approval. Please note that it can take up to one month for bonus points to be awarded to your Account.
8. 10,000 bonus Avios will be awarded onto your Account if you are a new Cardmember and you have applied by 28 February 2022 and once you have been approved and you have spent and charged a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services to the Account within the first three months of Cardmembership. Cardmembership begins from Card approval. Please note, it can take up to one month for the bonus Avios to be awarded to your Account once you have met the required spend.