By using cash flow days1 to extend the terms of business payables you can better manage your short-term business cash flow. By making your supplier payments line up with your preferred statement cycle, you could have business receivables coming in before business expenses are going out.
Cash flow days are available whether you choose a Business Charge Card or a Business Credit Card.
To learn more speak to a business specialist.
Ways a Business Card can help with business cash flow
• Increase day-to-day cash flow by using the Card instead of cash, cheque, and EFT
• With cash in your account for longer, you'll have the flexibility to make payments that can’t be put on a Card and can help to grow your business
Using a Business Card to help monitor cash flow
• Use your Card for everything from inventory to travel, and keep all your expenses in one place
• Monthly statements help you keep track of how much you’re spending, enabling you to get the most out of your resources
• Download online statements directly into bookkeeping software, making it even easier to manage your business costs
Extend cash flow with a Business Credit Card
If you choose an American Express Credit Card, you can access a range of features to help you manage a busy business.
• All American Express Business Credit Cards offer you up to 55 days interest-free on purchases1
• At the end of the month you can choose when to make your payments – either pay the entire balance straight away to minimise interest, or pay part of the balance and access your revolving line of credit
In addition, they earn Rewards points2 on every purchase, giving you something back from your everyday expenses.
Business Charge Cards for flexible spending
All our Charge Cards help you maximise your business cash flow. With no pre-set spending limit3, business owners can often make large purchases - such as utilities, insurance, etc. - while also covering everyday expenses like travel, fuel and utilities.
'No pre-set spending limit' doesn’t mean unlimited spending. Put simply, it means the amount you can spend adjusts based on your spending patterns, payment history, and credit records.
If you anticipate an unusually large purchase you should call the Customer Service Centre on 1300 366 549 to let us know.
Use points to further improve your cash flow
Whether you use a Charge Card or a Credit Card, remember that almost every purchase can earn you Rewards points2, which you could use to help pay off your balance.4
Alternatively you could use your points for a range of business benefits, giving you more ways to benefit from the money you've spent.
Locate the closing date and payment due date on your American Express Statement
Identify purchases charged to your Card and the posting date of that purchase to your account
Work with your largest suppliers to change your inventory purchase date to just after the Card closing date. You can also work with your American Express Business Manager to change your billing cycle to better match the needs of your business.
To learn more speak to a specialist
American Express approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. All information is correct as at 24 April 2015 and is subject to change. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited.
American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company
There are seven American Express Business Cards – one of them could be perfect for your business.
Speak to a specialist about our range of business Cards