Marketing your product or service used to mean putting your message out to everyone. Now, it means being more selective, both in the ways you choose to reach your target audience, and in what avenues to pursue to ensure the greatest return.
Two opportunities are getting a great deal of buzz among marketers that, only recently, were not on the radars of most small business owners:
- A new generation of social media marketing tools now makes it possible for businesses to connect with prospects and customers more easily and inexpensively than ever before. With it, a new paradigm has emerged for getting to know your customers and letting them learn about your company.
- Because of last year’s federal stimulus package, entrepreneurs have an unprecedented opportunity to sell to the government, which has tremendous buying power and a mandate to buy from small companies. Even if you never thought you would have products or services that the government was seeking, you might be surprised to learn of some of the needs of America’s largest buyer of goods and services.
The OPEN Insight Guide: New Rules of Marketing provides advice and tips on the new rules of marketing. Use it to tap into the new opportunities available in today’s dynamic marketplace. Sections include:
- The New Rules of Marketing: Social Media
- Cardmember Profile: Bonnie Marcus, Bonnie Marcus Collection – Committing to a Social Media Marketing Plan
- 4 Trends That Can Shape Small Business in 2010
- Social Media Marketing Resources
- Government Contracting – A New Prospect: Marketing to the Government
- Government Contracting Resources