American Express credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. All information is correct as at 23 August 2018 and is subject to change. This offer is only available to those who reside in New Zealand. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express International (NZ), Inc.
1. Bonus & Eligibility. Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply, are approved and spend $1,500 on their new Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product offered by American Express International (NZ), Inc. in the preceding 12 month period are ineligible for this offer. Membership Rewards Bonus Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8 to 10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer.
2. Cash Flow Days. Depending on when you make a purchase and when your statement is issued. Liquidated damages apply if you do not pay in full by the due date.
3. Membership Rewards Points Transfer. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline partner programme or a frequent guest partner programme, you must be a member of the partner programme. Membership of the partner programme is the Card Member's responsibility and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable programme. A joining fee may apply. Minimum redemption amounts apply. Partners are subject to change. Visit membershiprewards.co.nz for details.
4. Annual Travel Credit. Book through americanexpress.co.nz/travel or by phone through Platinum Travel Service for flights, hotel and car hire. All other bookings, such as Fine Hotels and Resorts and Hotel Collection bookings are excluded. Benefit available for the Primary Card Member only to redeem in a single booking. For bookings less than $200, any unused portion of the Travel Credit will be forfeited. The Travel Credit cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. To check the expiration date of your Travel Credit if you have not already redeemed it, please visit americanexpress.co.nz/travel; log in and click Travel Credit Details in the top right hand corner. No refunds, including cancelled bookings. Travel Credit spend will not earn Membership Rewards points. For full Travel Credit Terms and Conditions visit americanexpress.com/nz/platinumtravelcreditterms.
5. The American Express Global Lounge Collection.
The Centurion Lounge Network. Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge locations. Gold Card and Green Card Additional Cards on your Account are not eligible for unlimited complimentary access. Platinum Card Members may bring up to two (2) companions into The Centurion Lounge. Children under 2 years of age can access the lounge free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age. To access The Centurion Lounge, the Platinum Card Member must present The Centurion Lounge agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. Platinum Card Members who have landed will not be able to access the lounge. Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof can access the lounge. Platinum Card Members cannot access The Centurion Lounge more than 3 hours before the scheduled departure time on their same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Card Members with a connecting flight. Platinum Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Platinum Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter a lounge with a self-service bar, unless you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Platinum Card Members are allowed access to The Centurion Lounge in all U.S. locations. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. The Centurion Lounge hours may vary by location and are subject to change. Amenities may vary among The Centurion Lounge locations and are subject to change. In-lounge services and amenities are complimentary, however you are responsible for any purchases and/or servicing charges you authorise our Member Services Professionals to perform on your behalf. Some American Express® Cards are not eligible for all services provided by Member Services Desk. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside The Centurion Lounge. Use of The Centurion Lounge is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
International American Express Lounges. Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to American Express Lounge locations. Guest access policies vary by location and are subject to change. To access American Express Lounges, the Platinum Card Member must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Platinum Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter a lounge with a self-service bar, unless you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside American Express Lounges. Use of American Express Lounges is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
Priority Pass. These terms and conditions govern Platinum Card Members’ participation in and use of the Priority Pass™ programme. Priority Pass is an independent airport lounge access programme. At any visit to a Priority Pass lounge, you may bring in one guest at no charge. You will be charged US$27/£15/€24 for any additional guests. By enrolling in Priority Pass, you agree that you will be responsible for any additional accompanying guest visits and that your Card will be automatically charged after you have signed for the additional guest visit and it has been reported to Priority Pass by the participating lounge. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that American Express will verify your Card account number and provide updated Card account information to Priority Pass. Priority Pass will use this information to fulfil on the Priority Pass programme and may use this information for communications related to the programme. Both the Basic and Supplementary Platinum Card Member must enrol into Priority Pass. Once enrolled, Platinum Card Members in good standing may access participating Priority Pass lounges by presenting your Priority Pass card and airline boarding pass. In some lounges, Priority Pass member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Priority Pass members must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Conference rooms, where available, may be reserved for a nominal fee. Priority Pass lounge partners and locations are subject to change. All Priority Pass members must adhere to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use, which will be sent to you with your membership package, and can be viewed at www.prioritypass.com. Upon receipt of your enrolment information, Priority Pass will send your Priority Pass card and membership package which you should receive within 4-6 weeks.
Plaza Premium. Platinum Card Members (and supplementary Platinum Card Members) are entitled to complimentary access to the Plaza Premium Lounges. The Platinum Card Member may bring up to 1 guest into the lounge at no additional cost. All lounge access fees for additional guest visits will be charged directly to the Platinum Card Member’s Card, and at the prevailing retail rate, per person, per visit. Lounge access to infants under two years of age is complimentary. To access the Plaza Premium Lounges, the Platinum Card Member must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day or following day boarding pass on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian where there is a self-service bar. Plaza Premium Lounge reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability and is not guaranteed. The full Plaza Premium Lounge Facilities Terms and Conditions are available at https://www.plaza-network.com/terms. Facilities, amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change. Terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
Delta Sky Club. The Platinum Card Member must present his or her valid American Express Platinum Card, government-issued I.D., and same day corresponding airline ticket to club ambassador. Access to Delta Sky Club partner lounges is not permitted. Individuals must be at least 18 years of age to access Delta Sky Club, and 21 years of age to access locations with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by a responsible, supervising adult who has access to the lounge. Platinum Card Members must adhere to all House Rules of participating clubs. Participating airport clubs and locations subject to change without notice. Additional guest access and fees subject to terms and conditions of participating airport clubs. For the most current Delta Sky Club access and pricing policy, please visit Delta.com/skyclub. All Delta Sky Club rules apply to Delta Sky Club membership and use. To review the rules, please visit Delta.com/skyclub.
7. Hotel Partner Program – Marriott BonvoyTM. Enrolment into the Marriott BonvoyTM programme is required to receive benefits, and enrolment may be terminated without prior notice. Marriott BonvoyTM benefits are subject to change and availability and may vary by property. Gold Elite status amenities may not be combined with the FINE HOTELS & RESORTS programme. Subject to Marriott BonvoyTM Programme Terms and Conditions available at marriott.com/signIn. American Express reserves the right to instruct Marriott BonvoyTM to downgrade your membership to the Silver Elite status if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your account is not in good standing.
8. Hotel Partner Program – Radisson Hotel Group. Enrolment in the Radisson Rewards program is required for membership to be upgraded to Gold status. Benefits are subject to change and availability may vary by property. Gold status amenities may not be combined with the FINE HOTELS & RESORTS program. All American Express and Radisson Rewards terms and conditions apply. To view terms and conditions visit www.radissonhotels.com/rewards/termsandconditions. American Express reserves the right to instruct Radisson Rewards to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your account is not in good standing.
9. Accor Plus. Enrolment is required and available until 15 April 2021. Complimentary membership is annual within the benefit validity after which standard eligibility criteria applies. Membership privileges will only be granted on presentation of valid card and member must identify themselves as an Accor Plus member at time of booking. American Express reserves the right to instruct Accor hotels to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your account is not in good standing. Visit accorplus.com for full membership conditions, benefits and participating properties. Complimentary night stay rooms are limited each night per participating property and must be made using your membership e-certificate at accorplus.com or through Accor Reservation Services. Any reservations made via Accor Reservation Services will incur a booking fee. A maximum of one e-certificate can be used per consecutive stay.
10. Hotel Partner Program – Shangri-La. Enrolment in the Golden Circle Jade Membership program is required. Benefits are subject to change and availability may vary by property (for details visit goldencircle.shangri-la.com). Bookings made with FINE HOTELS & RESORTS rates may enjoy the bonus Golden Circle Award Points under the Golden Circle Program Jade Membership benefits but may not be combined with any other Golden Circle Program benefits. All special amenities under the Golden Circle Program are subject to availability and may change without prior notice. All Golden Circle terms and conditions apply (for details visit shangri-la.com/corporate/golden-circle/terms-conditions). American Express reserves the right to instruct Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your account is not in good standing. American Express and Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd. reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Should any dispute arise, the decision of American Express and Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd. shall be final. If the English version of these terms and conditions does not conform to any other language version, the English version shall prevail.
11. Domestic & International Travel Insurance Cover. American Express Platinum Card Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited (Company No. 104656) (Chubb) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Platinum Card Insurances and policy of insurance between American Express International (NZ), Inc. (Company Number 867929) (American Express) and Chubb. This product page does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the Platinum Card Insurances and Assistance Terms and Conditions and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
12. Smartphone Screen Insurance. Cover applies for incidents occurring on or after 27 November 2017. For all non-emergency insurance claims, please follow the link www.americanexpress.com/newzealand/claims. This insurance is subject to Terms, Conditions and exclusions – see the full insurance Terms and Conditions for your American Express Platinum Card available here. You must use your American Express Platinum Card to pay for your smartphone or monthly contract in order to be covered under the Smartphone Screen Insurance. Maximum of 2 claims per 12 month period, per Account, maximum cover of $500 per claim and an excess of 10% of the claimed amount applies. Waiting periods may apply. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited (Company No. 104656) under a group policy held by American Express International (NZ), Inc. (Company Number 867929). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This communication does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full Terms and Conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
13. Membership Rewards Programme. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards Programme available at www.membershiprewards.co.nz/termsandconditions.
14. Points for Credit. Points for Credit cannot be used to pay the minimum payment amount due on your account. Points may be redeemed by the Basic Card Member for a credit on the Primary Card account. American Express may decline a Points for Credit request where the Card account or Card Member's other accounts with American Express are not in good standing. The redemption of Points for Credit will be administered solely by American Express within 3 business days and cannot be reversed. Points for Credit is not available for redemption by Corporate Card accounts and is not redeemable for cash via credit balance refund. Points for Credit may only be used to reduce a Card Member's statement balance to $0.00 and not put it into a credit balance.
15. Additional Cards. Additional Card Members must be 18 years of age or over. Please note Additional Cards are referred to as Supplementary Cards in some Terms and Conditions and marketing materials. The basic Card Member will be liable to pay for all spend made by Additional Card Members.
16. FINE HOTELS & RESORTS. Average value based on FINE HOTELS & RESORTS bookings in 2016 for stays of two nights. Actual value will vary based on property, room rate, upgrade availability and use of benefits. Valid only for new FINE HOTELS & RESORTS bookings made through Platinum Travel Service or American Express Travel Online. Online bookings currently only available to Basic Platinum Card Members. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Platinum Card in the Platinum Card Member's name. Available for Platinum Charge Card Members only, and excludes Platinum Credit Card Members who are not also Platinum Charge Card Members. Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Noon check-in and room upgrade are based on availability and are provided at check-in. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast. Complimentary In-Room Wi-Fi is provided, with the exception of explora Patagonia where In-Room Wi-Fi is not available. In this instance, complimentary Wi-Fi will be provided in a common space on property. In the case where a Property includes cost of Wi-Fi in a mandatory resort fee, the Card Member will receive a daily credit from the Property in the standard amount that the Property charges for Wi-Fi. The credit will be issued on the Platinum Card Member's final statement upon check-out. Benefit restrictions vary by FINE HOTELS & RESORTS property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Advance reservations are recommended for services such as spa, dining or golf in order to take advantage of the FINE HOTELS & RESORTS special amenity during your stay. Benefits and additional FINE HOTELS & RESORTS promotions are only applied at checkout and expire at checkout. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Platinum Card Member, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating FINE HOTELS & RESORTS properties and benefits are subject to change. Average value based on FINE HOTELS & RESORTS bookings in 2016 for stays of two nights. Actual value will vary based on property, room rate, upgrade availability, and use of benefits.
17. Platinum Concierge. There's typically no cost for the Platinum Concierge, although you are responsible for any purchase and/or shipping charges you authorise. Fees may apply for meetings and event planning.
18. Online Fraud Protection Guarantee. Provided that you notify us immediately upon discovery of any fraudulent transactions and you have complied with your Card Conditions, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised charges.