Your saved cards
American Express Credit Cards offer you opportunities to earn a variety of rewards. From leading cashback rates, Avios, Starpoints, to loyalty Membership Rewards® points that you can redeem for flights, holidays, hotel stays, and gift vouchers.
The rewards don't stop there. Many of our Credit Cards offer you Refund Protection, Purchase Protection, online fraud protection, inclusive insurance benefits, and 24/7 customer support.
You can also enjoy access to our exclusive Preferred Seating programme, bringing you tickets to some of the hottest shows in town, exclusively for our Cardmembers. Whether your passion is music, film, or theatre, we can get you closer to the action.
Representative 18.7% APR variable
Platinum Cashback Credit Card
Representative 56.4% APR variable
British Airways American Express
Premium Plus Credit Card
Representative 25.0% APR variable
Nectar Credit Card
American Express Credit Cards offer you:
The range of benefits, protection, and insurance cover varies with each Credit Card, so have a look and see which one suits you best. Simply browse the list of Cards in the menu to the left, or use the 'Compare these Cards' button near the top of this page to review all our Credit Cards at the same time.
Our Customer Care Professionals are available 24/7 via phone, text, email or mail and the first person to answer your call will do their best to see it through until it is resolved. Our Global Assist® team is on hand 24/7 to provide help and support when you travel outside the UK, in your own language.
American Express uses its own secure system, and our early detection systems help to minimise potential fraudulent activity on your Card. Our Fraud Protection Guarantee means that in the unlikely event you are a victim of credit card fraud, and you have taken reasonable care with your Card, you won't be held responsible for any costs linked to the fraudulent activity.
For added security, you can register for SafeKey when you shop online, as well as free text and email alerts on your Credit CCard activity. There's also the option to add additional protection such as American Express My Essentials and Identity Defence.
Wherever your travels take you, you can take your American Express Credit Card. Your spend abroad is converted to pounds sterling as soon as we process the transaction, based on the American Express exchange rate which is set daily. If your transaction is in US dollars, the amount will be converted directly to pounds sterling. If it's in another currency, it's converted to US dollars and then to pounds sterling. Of course, your monthly bill is paid in pounds sterling.
We put you firmly in control when it comes to managing your Account. Register online and you can view and manage your account anytime of the day or night, virtually anywhere in the world – either online or on your mobile. View your current balance, have updates sent to your phone, pay your bills easily, and manage your rewards or loyalty points.
To save time, use the following checklist to see if you meet our standard eligibility criteria:
Some Cards may have additional specific eligibility criteria and you will be asked to provide employment, income and bank account information in order to submit your application.
When you have found the Card that best suits you, read the important information and then hit the 'Apply now' button to begin the application process. At this stage, you can choose optional additional benefits and decide how you'd like your name to appear on your new American Express Credit Card.
Your application takes less than 10 minutes and you can get a response in 60 seconds.
1. Introductory offers are not available to existing American Express Cashback Cardmembers
2. An additional cashback of 1.25% on every full pound spend and charged per purchase made during your Card anniversary month if you have made purchases in excess of £10,001 on your Card in the preceding 12 months. Your Card anniversary month is the one month period each year following the date on which your account was opened. See Card terms and conditions for full details.
3. 25,000 bonus Avios will be awarded onto your account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services to the account within three months of account opening. Introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held any other British Airways American Express Cards in the past 6 months. Please note that it can take up to one month for bonus Avios to be awarded to your account. Please note, these offers expire at midnight on 12 February 2014.
4. Terms and Conditions apply to Avios redemptions. Reward flights and companion voucher bookings are subject to availability. Detailed information on companion vouchers can be found at britishairways.com/travel/amexcompaniontc/public/en_gb or by calling 0844 493 0750. All applicable terms and conditions will be provided within your Welcome Pack if you are approved
5. 20,000 bonus points will be awarded onto your account once you have been approved and a minimum of £2,000 has been spent and charged to the account within three months of account opening. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held the Nectar Credit Card in the past 6 months.
6. 2 points per full £1 spent consists of collecting 2 points for every full £1 spent and charged on your Nectar Credit Card everywhere, including abroad (except for purchases made at warehouse retailers in the United Kingdom (e.g. Costco) where you will earn Points at the rate of 1 point for every full £1).
American Express Services Europe Limited ('AESEL') makes various benefits available to Cardmembers which derive from contracts which AESEL has made with third parties. AESEL is free to amend, extend or terminate these benefits at its sole discretion. These benefits do not form part of AESEL's contract with you but AESEL will provide reasonable notice, in any event no less than 30 days, in advance of any changes to the available benefits which may be to your detriment. One of the benefits currently available is the benefit of contracts of insurance held by AESEL with certain insurers. You will lose these benefits if you cease to be a Cardmember. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Full details of the insurance benefits currently available can be found in Your Insurance Documentation available on this website and which will be provided with your Card. Please read this document to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
AESEL registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales with Number 1833139, is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (reference number 415532) for the provision of payment services. For insurance mediation activities only, AESEL is an Appointed Representative of American Express Insurance Services Europe Limited (reference number 311684) who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Details can be found on the FCA Register.