Your saved cards
American Express Credit Cards offer you opportunities to earn a variety of rewards. From leading cashback rates, Avios, Starpoints, to loyalty Membership Rewards® points that you can redeem for flights, holidays, hotel stays, and gift vouchers.
The rewards don't stop there. Many of our Credit Cards offer you Refund Protection, Purchase Protection, online fraud protection, inclusive insurance benefits, and 24/7 customer support.
You can also enjoy access to our exclusive Preferred Seating programme, bringing you tickets to some of the hottest shows in town, exclusively for our Cardmembers. Whether your passion is music, film, or theatre, we can get you closer to the action.
Representative 28.2% APR variable
Platinum Cashback Credit Card
Representative 76.0% APR variable
British Airways American Express
Premium Plus Credit Card
Representative 25.0% APR variable
Nectar Credit Card
Though the level of protection and benefits range from Card to Card, here are some of the main advantages that come with Credit Cards from American Express:
Terms and conditions apply to each of the above.
See which card suits you best by browsing the list of Cards in the menu to the left. You can also use the 'Compare these Cards' button near the top of this page to review all our Credit Cards at the same time.
Our dedicated Customer Care Professionals are available 24/7 via phone, text, email or mail. We pride ourselves on customer service and always try to ensure that the first person to answer your call will deal with your needs. Our Global Assist® team is available 24/7 to provide you with help and support when you travel outside the UK.
American Express uses secure system and early detection programmes to minimise potential fraudulent activity on your Card. Our Fraud Protection Guarantee means that as long as you are careful with your Card you wont be responsible if you fall victim to fraud.
To add security to your purchases, you can register for SafeKey when you shop online, as well as free text and email alerts on your Card activity. There's also the option to add additional protection such as American Express My Essentials and Identity Defence.
When holidaying abroad remember that American Express Card is accepted globally. Any purchase you make with your Card overseas is converted to pounds sterling as soon as the transaction is processed. International payments are converted to US dollars before being converted into pounds sterling. If your transaction is in US dollars, the amount will be converted directly to pounds sterling. If it's in another currency, it's converted to US dollars and then to pounds sterling.
When it comes to managing your account we offer you easy access to the important information you need. By registering online, you can view and manage your account from any internet enabled device whenever and wherever you choose. You can check your balance balance, set notifications and reminders, pay your bills and manage your rewards and loyalty points.
To apply for a Credit Card in the UK you need to meet certain eligibility criteria. To save time you can use the following checklist:
Some of our Cards may require different criteria in order to be issued. You may need to provide records of your employment, personal income and bank account in order to complete your application.
When you have found which Credit Card you wish to get, you can apply online. Make sure you read the detailed information and then use the 'Apply now' button to start the Application Process. You will also be able to further persoanlise your American Express Credit Card by choosing optional additional benefits and decide how you'd like your name to be displayed on it.
You could have your application sent to us in mere minutes and we'll notify you as soon as we receive it.
1. Introductory offers are not available to existing American Express Cashback Cardmembers
2. An additional cashback of 1.25% on every full pound spend and charged per purchase made during your Card anniversary month if you have made purchases in excess of £10,001 on your Card in the preceding 12 months. Your Card anniversary month is the one month period each year following the date on which your account was opened. See Card terms and conditions for full details.
3. 18,000 bonus Avios will be awarded onto your account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services to the Account within three months of Account opening. Introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held any other British Airways American Express Cards in the past six months. Please note that it can take up to one month for bonus Avios to be awarded to your account.
4. Terms and Conditions apply to Avios redemptions. Reward flights and companion voucher bookings are subject to availability. Detailed information on companion vouchers can be found at britishairways.com/travel/amexcompaniontc/public/en_gb or by calling 0844 493 0750. Please note, calls cost a maximum of 7p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge. All applicable Terms and Conditions will be provided within your Welcome Pack if you are approved
5. 20,000 bonus points will be awarded onto your account once you have been approved and a minimum of £2,000 has been spent and charged to the account within three months of account opening. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held the Nectar Credit Card in the past 6 months.
6. 2 points per full £1 spent consists of collecting 2 points for every full £1 spent and charged on your Nectar Credit Card everywhere, including abroad (except for purchases made at warehouse retailers in the United Kingdom (e.g. Costco) where you will earn Points at the rate of 1 point for every full £1).
American Express Services Europe Limited ('AESEL') makes various benefits available to Cardmembers which derive from contracts which AESEL has made with third parties. AESEL is free to amend, extend or terminate these benefits at its sole discretion. These benefits do not form part of AESEL's contract with you but AESEL will provide reasonable notice, in any event no less than 30 days, in advance of any changes to the available benefits which may be to your detriment. One of the benefits currently available is the benefit of contracts of insurance held by AESEL with certain insurers. You will lose these benefits if you cease to be a Cardmember. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Full details of the insurance benefits currently available can be found in Your Insurance Documentation available on this website and which will be provided with your Card. Please read this document to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
American Express Services Europe Limited has its registered office at Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.