Your saved cards
American Express offer you opportunities to earn a variety of rewards. From Cash Back, AIR MILES®* reward miles, Starpoints®* to Blue Sky® points.
The benefits don’t stop there. Many of our Credit Cards offer you Purchase Protection® Plan1+, Fraud Protection Guarantee2, travel-related insurance benefits, and 24/7 customer support.
American Express Invites™
Front Of The Line®3 Advance Access allows Cardmembers to purchase presale tickets or make reservations to some of the most in-demand concerts, theatre productions, restaurants and special events, often before the general public.3
An American Express Credit Card offers you:
The range of benefits varies from Card to Card, so do have a good look to see exactly what each Card has to offer. Explore your options further by browsing the list of Cards in the menu to the left, or use the 'Compare these Cards' button near the top of this page to view all our Credit Cards.
Your life doesn’t keep regular office hours, so neither do we. If you want us, there is always someone local to speak with you, 24/7, about whatever you need big or small. Wherever you are in the world.
If your Card gets lost or stolen, no worries. Simply call us at the number on the back of your Card and we’ll arrange to get you a replacement Card. If you are travelling, we’ll work with your itinerary to get a Card to you as soon as possible.
Use an American Express® Card online or off, and you won't be held responsible for any fraudulent charges, as long as you've taken reasonable care to protect your account details and PIN.
With Online Services from American Express, you can stay on top of your account. Check statements, set account alerts and more while you’re on the go.
To save time, check here to see if you meet our standard eligibility criteria:
Some Cards may have additional specific eligibility criteria, and you will be asked to provide employment, income and bank account information in order to submit your application.
Once you have found the Credit Card that suits you best, make sure you read the important information, then hit the 'Apply now' button to begin the application process. At this stage, you can decide how you'd like your name to appear on your Card, and choose optional additional benefits.
1. Purchase Protection Plan - Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurance.
2. Fraud Protection Guarantee - Use the American Express Card online or off, and you won’t be held responsible for any fraudulent charges, as long as you’ve taken reasonable care to protect your account details and PIN. Notify us at once if your Card is lost or stolen, or you suspect it is being used without your permission
3. Purchases must be charged in full to an American Express Card issued by Amex Bank of Canada. Subject availability and to event and ticketing agent terms, conditions and fees. Not all seats are available. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
4. This offer is only available to new SimplyCashTM Card from American Express Cardmembers. For current or former SimplyCashTM Card from American Express Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for the Welcome Rate of 5%. ‘Eligible’ means only those American Express retail merchants in Canada whose primary business is within the specified category. Not every merchant where you dine or buy gas or groceries is eligible. The cash back earn rate is 1.25% of your Card purchases (and not 5%) in the following situations:
5% bonus earn rate applies for the first 6 months of Card membership, up to a maximum of $5,000 in purchases (equal to $250 cash back). If the bonus earn rate of 5% applies to a purchase, the 1.25% earn rate will not also apply to the same purchase. Cash back rebates are earned on eligible purchases (less credits and returns) provided your account is in good standing. Cash back is applied as a credit to your account annually. Interest, fees, balance transfers, Amex cheques and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not earn cash back.
5. Provided your account is in good standing, cash back can be earned on purchases less returns and other credits. Cash back is applied as a credit to your account annually and will appear on the statement issued in September of each year. The cash back calculation resets annually. There is no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn. Interest, fees, balance transfers, Amex cheques and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not earn cash back rewards. All references to you means the Basic Cardmember.
6. Bonus - This offer is only available to new American Express® AIR MILES®* Platinum Credit Card Cardmembers. For current or former American Express® AIR MILES®* Platinum Credit Card Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for the welcome bonus. Offer valid for applications received by American Express through the link provided within the webpage. Account must be in good standing. Offer subject to change. To qualify for the 2,000 Bonus AIR MILES reward miles, you must have at least $1,500 in net purchases posted to your account within your first three months of Cardmembership. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date the bonus reward miles were earned for the bonus to be awarded to your Collector Account. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to change without notice.
7. This offer is only available to new Starwood Preferred Guest®* Credit Card from American Express Cardmembers. For current or former Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for the welcome bonus. Account must be in good standing. To qualify for the 20,000 Bonus Starpoints, you must have at least $1,500 in net purchases posted to your account on or before your three month anniversary date. Five nights are based on five mid-week nights, or two weekend nights and three mid-week nights, in a standard room at a Category 2 property. Starpoints required for a free night range from 2,000 Starpoints for a weekend night in a standard room at a Category 1 property to 35,000 Starpoints for any night in a standard room at Category 7 properties. Category 7 properties that are all suites or villas require higher Starpoints redemption. For complete information on reward stays or the number of Starpoints required for a stay, please see www.spg.com. Subject to Change. Starwood may change the Category in which a specific SPG participating hotel is classified at any time. The amount of Starpoints required to obtain rooms at SPG participating hotels varies by category of the SPG participating hotel and may also vary by time of year.
† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®*: Trademark of AIR MILES®* International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Amex Bank of Canada.
®*:SPG, Starpoints, Preferred Guest, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Le Méridien, Westin, Sheraton, Tribute Portfolio, Aloft, Element, Four Points and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.
Amex Bank of Canada, P.O. Box 3204, Station F, Toronto, ON M1W 3W7
Copyright © 2017 American Express Company