1. Account must be in good standing. An additional Card is a Supplementary Card. Supplementary Cardmembers must be at least 13 years old. Maximum of 9 Supplementary Cards per account for Consumer Cards.
2. Available to American Express Consumer and Small Business Cards. Not applicable for all new purchases. The following purchases do not qualify and will still be processed even if the Cardmember has frozen the Card: automated or pre-authorized payments, recurring bills or subscriptions, transactions on any Supplementary Cards if only the Basic Card is frozen (each Supplementary Card must be frozen separately), mobile wallet transactions (including adding a Card to a mobile wallet), using the Card for online payments at merchants where the Card is stored on file or set up as the method of payment, and offline and delayed authorizations (such as purchases made aboard airlines). After freezing the Card, it will automatically unfreeze after 7 days.
3. Use the American Express Card online or off, and you won’t be held responsible for any fraudulent charges, as long as you’ve taken reasonable care to protect your account details, PIN and any device on which you have added your account information.
4. To be eligible, you must be an American Express Cardmember for more than six (6) months and account must be in good standing. Credit limits are subject to change in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement. This does not apply to Charge Cards including Charge Cards with Flexible Payment Option.
5. This approval is based on your current account status. Certain changes to your account could affect the approved amount such as additional purchases, past due balance, a returned payment, a significant change in your spending pattern, or a fraud risk on your card. This approval is based on your overall ability to spend and is not related to the Flexible Payment Option limit on your account.
6. You can redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit towards an Eligible Purchase charged to an Eligible Card. You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 points per redemption. Statement credits on your Card Account should not exceed the aggregate amount of the Eligible Purchase(s) on your Eligible Card. You can register for Online Services to view your Eligible Purchases and to redeem online. Only Eligible Purchases posted to your Card Account during the last 3 months, up to 150 most recent Eligible Purchases, will be displayed for redemption. If you wish to redeem points towards an Eligible Purchase within the last 12 months that is not displayed online, please contact us at the number listed on the back of your Card. All Eligible Purchases: 1,000 points = $10 statement credit.
For full Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, visit membershiprewards.ca or call 1-800-668-AMEX (2639). Small Business Cardmembers, please call 1-888-721-1046.
7. Eligible Cards will vary by offer and are subject to change. Select Canadian American Express Cards issued by Amex Bank of Canada and cards issued by a licensed third-party issuer (as applicable) are eligible Cards for the offer. The following cards are not eligible: American Express Corporate Cards, American Express® Gift Cards and Prepaid Cards. Offers are subject to terms and conditions and full program terms.
8. Terms and conditions apply. Not all Card products are eligible for a referral bonus. For details, visit americanexpress.com/en-ca/referral.
9. Your initial payment can only be scheduled 3 calendar days after you have successfully enrolled in the Payment Program. Subsequent payments can be credited to your account same day if submitted prior to 8 P.M. (ET).
10. With the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan, a predetermined amount is debited from your bank account on the payment due date each month. This payment option is only available to Consumer or Small Business Accounts. The Pre-Authorized Payment Plan is currently not available for Corporate Accounts.
Any Canadian dollar deposit bank account held at a Canadian financial institution is eligible for enrollment in the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan. The account must belong to you or, for joint accounts, you must have signing authority for the account. Foreign accounts are not eligible. If you choose to register a business account, you must be a signatory on that account.
Your enrollment in pre-authorized payments or changes made to your enrollment will not take effect until your next billing cycle. You are still required to make a manual payment for the current billing period.
Depending on your financial institution, it may take up to 3 business days for your deposit account to be debited by your financial institution. Please check with your financial institution for details. Please ensure there are sufficient funds in your bank account when making payments. Fees for a returned payment are listed within your disclosure statement. For full terms and conditions of the Electronic Payment Program Agreement, visit americanexpress.ca/AutomaticPaymentTerms.
11. When you create an installment plan, you will be charged a monthly installment fee. The monthly installment fee percentage will be disclosed to you during plan
creation. This is not a promotional or special rate offer. The fee charged is comparable to the interest you would have paid if you carried this balance on your account, without being in an installment plan. Please see the Plan It (American Express Installment Program) section in your Cardmember Agreement or the Program Terms and Conditions for more details. Plan It is currently not available in Quebec, Nova Scotia, PEI or Nunavut.
12. Account Alerts is a free service for American Express Cardmembers. However, your cell phone service provider may apply fees for incoming text messages. Please contact them for further details.