Terms and Conditions
*As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full.
**Having No Pre-Set Spending Limit on purchases does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including your credit history, account history, and personal resources. Proof of resources and security may be required.
Ø As per Aeroplan's current reward chart, 15,000 Aeroplan Miles are enough for a short-haul roundtrip ClassicFlight®* Reward Seat in economy class within Canada, or to the continental US (plus applicable fees and taxes). Reward seat availability is capacity controlled and is subject to seasonality of demand. See aeroplan.com for more details.
± As per Aeroplan's current reward chart, 25,000 Aeroplan Miles are enough for enough for a long-haul roundtrip ClassicFlight®* Reward Seat in economy class within Canada, or to the continental US (plus applicable fees and taxes). Reward seat availability is capacity controlled and is subject to seasonality of demand. See aeroplan.com for more details.
1. Offer subject to change. Account must be in good standing. To qualify for the 40,000 bonus miles, you must have at least $1,000 in net purchases posted to your account on or before your three month anniversary date. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date the bonus miles were earned for the bonus to be awarded.
2. Offer valid for applications received by American Express by July 14, 2014 online through the link provided within this webpage. American Express reserves the right to accept applications after this date but you will not be eligible for this bonus. After July 14, 2014, use of the link provided will display the bonus offers available at that time. Account must be in good standing. To qualify for the 25,000 bonus miles, you must have at least $500 in net purchases posted to your account on or before your three month anniversary date. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date the bonus miles were earned for the bonus to be awarded.
3. Account must be in good standing. Aeroplan Miles are earned on the amount of all purchases, less credits and returns. Interest, annual fees, other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not considered purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan Miles.
4. Each year, if you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your account before your anniversary date, you will earn 1.50 Aeroplan Miles for every $1.00 of additional purchases charged to your Card. Each anniversary date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero.
5. Each year, if you reach $10,000 in net purchases on your account before your anniversary date, you will earn 1.25 Aeroplan Miles for every $1.00 of additional net purchases charged to your Card. Each anniversary date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero.
6. American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Basic Cardmember may redeem 15,000 Aeroplan Miles for one short-haul roundtrip ClassicFlight Reward Ticket in economy class and receive a Partner Ticket for the same itinerary. Travel options vary according to departure city. Miles must be from Cardmember's Aeroplan account. Limit one Partner Ticket per year. Subject to availability and capacity control. All bookings must be made through Aeroplan at 1-800-361-5373 and charged to an American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. Aeroplan booking fee will be waived; however, fees and taxes apply. Changes subject to availability, fees and restrictions. Aeroplan reinstatement fee applies to cancellations. Not transferable, cumulative or redeemable for cash. Subject to change or cancellation. Full terms and conditions apply. Aeroplan Program terms and conditions, including Air Reward Terms and Conditions apply and are available at www.aeroplan.com/terms_and_conditions.do.
7. Applicable at airports where Executive Class/Executive First Priority check-in is available and handled by Air Canada agents only. Applies to any fare, including Aeroplan reward travel. Available on any scheduled Air Canada, or Air Canada ExpressTM operated flight during normal operations.
8. American Express Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers with a valid AeroplanPlus Platinum Card are entitled to access the Pearson Priority Lanes (“Priority Lane”) during peak airport operating hours. The Priority Lanes are serviced by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority. Priority Lanes are located at select departure areas at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport in Terminal 1 & 3. Access to a Pearson Priority Lane is available to eligible Cardmembers and companions travelling on the same itinerary upon the presentation of a valid, unexpired eligible Card. The name on the Card must match the name on the boarding pass. All passengers departing Pearson International Airport, including those accessing the Priority Lane are required to comply with airport security and customs screening requirements. Priority Lane access is subject to change or cancellation at any time and additional terms and conditions apply.
9. Quantities are limited. American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Cardmember must present the American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and a confirmed, same-day departing ticket on Air Canada, Air Canada Express™*, Air Canada codeshare or Star Alliance™** flight to be permitted access to a Maple Leaf Lounge. Access is subject to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge terms and conditions and may not be available due to unforeseen circumstances. Other conditions apply.
10. Basic Cardmember may apply for membership which includes access to any participating airport lounge. Lounges are independently owned and operated and their participation, access restrictions and/or facilities are subject to change. Cardmember and guests must show an airline ticket for same day travel to access a lounge. Each lounge visit is subject to a fee of $27 US per person. Any US dollar charges to your Card will be converted to CDN dollars using a conversion rate and applying a conversion commission as specified in the Cardmember Agreement and Disclosure Statement accompanying an approved Card. See americanexpress.ca and prioritypass.com for terms and conditions.
11. American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Cardmembers who enroll in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards can receive a one-car-class upgrade at participating locations at time of rental. The upgrade is subject to availability and change and is valid on rentals of Compact through Full Size Cars.
12. Basic and Supplementary Platinum Card and other eligible American Express Cardmembers ("Cardmembers") must enroll to qualify for the American Express "Platinum for Platinum" Fairmont President's Club Platinum benefit. Cardmembers must enroll for the Benefit by contacting Fairmont Hotels & Resorts at 1-888-320-5959 or at www.fairmont.com/fpc and quoting the promotion code provided by American Express. Enrolled Cardmembers that register and complete five overnight stays at a Fairmont hotel or resort, paid for with your American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card between January and December of the calendar year will qualify for membership in Fairmont President's Club. The Benefit may be discontinued at any time. Fairmont President's Club membership is subject to the restrictions, terms and conditions of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts which may change without notice. Complete terms and conditions are available by calling 1-888-320-5959 or by visiting www.fairmont.com/fpc. American Express reserves the right to instruct Fairmont Hotels & Resorts to cancel your Fairmont President's Club membership if you cease to be a Cardmember. Five nights do not have to be consecutive nights. Five nights must be in the same calendar year. Nights must be paid for by using your American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card.
13. Maximum 9 Supplementary Cards. There is no annual fee for up to 2 Supplementary Gold Cards. The annual fee for additional Supplementary Gold Cards is $50.00 each.
14. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully charged your rental to your American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card or American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of rental and the type of vehicle covered.
15. Basic Cardmember may purchase one Air Canada Privilege Pass - Executive Class (J booking class) and one Economy Class (N booking class - Tango fare) annually using an approved Card. One Pass provides eight (8) one-way flight credits for use within 12 months of purchase. Passes can only be used by the Basic Cardmember alone or with one other eligible traveller designated at any time during the validity period of the original Pass. Subject to availability, travel is eligible anywhere within Air Canada's North American network including Alaska, Hawaii and select destinations in Mexico and the Caribbean on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and select regional partners with Air Canada flight numbers. Pass purchase prices, taxes, applicable fees, terms and conditions may be found on aircanada.com, through the Shop for Flight Pass link. Members must be signed in using their Aeroplan number and password to be able to view the products. Allow 4 to 6 weeks following card approval for access. For additional terms and conditions see Additional Footnote 25.
16. Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada.
17. Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada. Trips will not be covered for trip interruption if purchased with points (including Aeroplan miles) from a reward program other than the Membership Rewards® Program. All reward programs are governed by their own terms & conditions.
18. Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada. In Quebec, certain coverages are underwritten by RBC General Insurance Company.
19. Travel Accident Insurance is Underwritten by ACE INA Life Insurance, Head Office in Canada: Toronto, Ontario, under Master Policy TMH600135.
20. All the services associated with Travel Emergency Assistance are provided worldwide with the exception of some countries (it is best to check with Customer Service).
21. When you charge the full price on eligible purchases to your American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card or American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card, the coverage given under the manufacturer’s original warranty is automatically doubled for up to one additional year. Buyer’s Assurance Protection Plan is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
22. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurance.
23. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card issued by Amex Bank of Canada. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing agent terms, conditions and fees. Not all seats are available. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
24. Combined maximum of 9 Supplementary American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum and American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Cards per account. Supplementary Cardmembers must be the age of majority.
25. American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Basic Cardmembers may purchase one Air Canada Privilege Pass Executive Class and/or one Air Canada Privilege Pass Economy class (each referred to as a Pass) annually based on Cardmembership anniversary date. Payment must be made using an American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. Passes can only be used for travel by the Basic Cardmember alone or accompanied by one other eligible traveller who must be designated at any time during the validity period of the original Pass. One Pass provides eight (8) one-way flight credits. Travel is eligible anywhere within Air Canada's North American network including Alaska, Hawaii and select destinations in Mexico and the Caribbean. Pass credits may only be used on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and select regional partners with Air Canada flight numbers. Routes are subject to change and may be seasonal. Seats may not be available on all flights, on all days. All Pass credits must be used within 12 months of the Pass purchase date. Passes not purchased during an annual cardmembership period cannot be carried forward to future annual periods. Bookings using Pass credits can be made up to 353 days in advance and up to 1 hour prior to departure. Changes are subject to availability and depend on Pass type and change/cancel fees may apply. Fees apply per direction plus taxes. Pass purchase prices are set by Air Canada and are subject to change without notice each annual cardmembership period. Pass purchase prices, taxes, applicable fees, terms and conditions may be found on aircanada.com, through the Shop for Flight Pass link. Members must be signed in using their Aeroplan number and password to be able to view the products. Purchase of Passes, bookings, changes and cancellations are to be made at aircanada.com. Passes and Pass credits are neither refundable nor transferable in whole or in part. Any Pass credits booked and not cancelled within 1 hour of the scheduled departure will be forfeited. One Pass credit is applicable per direction including connections. Advance seat selection is complimentary. Passes must be purchased in Canada and customers must be Canadian residents as per their Aeroplan account. Air Canada reserves the right to make the same or similar offer to the general public without notice. Additional Air Canada Privilege Pass Executive Class Terms: Availability is based on Executive Class fare (J booking class). In the event that Executive Class (J booking class) is not available, reservations in Economy class are not permitted but same day airport standby is permitted in Economy class at no charge and any voluntary downgrades to Economy class will forfeit the Pass credit booked in Executive Class. Changes are subject to availability. Additional Air Canada Privilege Pass - Economy Class Terms: Availability is based on Tango fare (N booking class). Air Canada eUpgrade credits are not applicable on Tango fares. Changes are subject to availability and change or cancellation fees apply. Fees apply per direction plus taxes. Aeroplan Miles earned for flying on Tango fares do not count towards Air Canada Top Tier status.
26. Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada. Trips will not be covered for trip cancellation if purchased with points (including Aeroplan miles) from a reward program other than the Membership Rewards® Program. All reward programs are governed by their own terms & conditions.
† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions, and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®*, TM‡: Aeroplan, AeroplanPlus, Distinction and ClassicFlight are registered trademarks of Aimia Canada Inc.
®**: Executive First and Executive Class are registered trademarks of Air Canada.
TM*: Maple Leaf and Air Canada Express are trademarks of Air Canada.
TM**: Star Alliance is a registered trademark of the Star Alliance Members.