Earn more rewards with more Cards
Choose which Card(s) best suit your needs
* As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid interest charges. An Employee Card is a Supplementary Card. $199 annual fee for a Supplementary Business Platinum Cards® from American Express and $50 annual fee for a Supplementary American Express® Business Gold Cards. Maximum of 99 Supplementary Cards per account. Basic and Supplementary Card fees may be tax deductible in Canada, if used solely for business purposes; please consult your tax professional.
1. Employee Card Misuse Protection is not insurance. It is a benefit made available to you by Amex Bank of Canada and Administered by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Please read the terms and conditions of the Employee Card Misuse Protection carefully, as they include specific terms, limitations, conditions and exclusions that may affect your coverage.
2. Full Terms of the Supplementary Card Spending Program can be found here.
3. You may select a spending amount up to which a supplementary Cardmember will be able to make charges to their supplementary card during each billing period. This spending amount is not affected by payments or credits made by or on behalf of the supplementary Cardmember during a billing period. The spending amount will automatically reset at the beginning of each new billing period. It is your responsibility to ensure each supplementary Cardmember is made aware of any spending amount that applies to their account as well as the date on which the spending amount resets each month. You can select a different spending amount for each supplementary Cardmember.
4. You may change the set spending amount you have previously selected at any time. If the spending amount is increased, the supplementary Cardmember’s ability to charge will be increased once we are able to process the change. Unlike the initial enrollment of a supplementary Cardmember, charges made by that supplementary Cardmember before that date will be included in the spending amount for the current billing period. For example, if a supplementary Cardmember has a $1000 spending amount in place and has already made $750 in charges so far this billing period, if you increase the spending amount to $2000 per month, that $750 balance will be included as part of the $2000 spending amount. This means that the supplementary Cardmember will only be able to charge $1250 for the remainder of the current billing period and then $2000 for each billing period thereafter.
5. Account must be in good standing. Membership Rewards Points (points) earned by the Basic Cardmember on all purchases, less credits and adjustments. Funds advances, interest annual, other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for points. A minimum purchase of $0.50 is required to earn points. Earn one (1) point for every $1.00 in eligible purchases charged to your card. Subject to an annual maximum of 250,000 extra points, you can earn one (1) extra point for every $1.00 in eligible purchases made at Your 3 Suppliers which means purchases at Canadian locations at the three suppliers the Basic Cardmember chooses from a predefined list of American Express small business merchants. To view the list of participating merchants visit smallbusiness.americanexpress.com/en/supplierlist. List is subject to change without notice. Extra points will not be earned at Your 3 Suppliers if the merchant category for the purchase is not identified. This may happen when the transaction information we receive does not come directly from the merchant, for example, when the purchase is made: i) using your payment account with a third part, ii) using your Card at an online retailer that sells good and services of other merchants, or iii) if the merchant uses a third party payment service such as a card reader attached to a mobile phone.
6. You can redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit towards an Eligible Purchase charged to an Eligible Card. You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 points per redemption. Redemption rates may vary by Eligible Card. Statement credits on your Card Account should not exceed the aggregate amount of the Eligible Purchase(s) on your Eligible Card. If an otherwise Eligible Purchase participates in the American Express Installment Program, only the amount billed each month will be counted as an Eligible Purchase. You can register for online services to view your Eligible Purchases and to redeem online. Only Eligible Purchases posted to your Card Account during the last 3 months, up to 150 most recent Eligible Purchases will be displayed for redemption. If you wish to redeem points towards an Eligible Purchase within the last 12 months that is not displayed online, please contact us at the number listed on the back of your Card.
7. Membership Rewards points can be redeemed for Gift Cards, Certificates and other merchandise. The Gift Card or Certificate is subject to the Terms and Conditions indicated on the reward. For Full Membership Rewards Terms & Conditions, visit membershiprewards.ca or call 1-800-668-2639
†: Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express