1. To find out more about Shop Small click here. Shop Small eligibility criteria:
• The business must be located in the United Kingdom (UK), which consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and includes islands such as the Isle of Wight, Anglesey, the Isles of Scilly, the Hebrides and the island groups of Orkney and Shetland and the self-governing dependent territories of the Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
• The business must be a traditional “street side” business that deals with its customer face to face in premises that the business owns or rents.
• A Shop Small business must have at least one physical business location – up to a maximum of 30 locations – within the UK.• Businesses must not be an airline, government agency, public administration organisation, charity, non-profit, trade association, shopping property management company, direct seller or political organisation or operating in industries that are deemed ineligible for Shop Small.
• Businesses that are part of a franchise brand are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
• Businesses that have an online or mail order business are excluded.
• Eligible businesses who process American Express payments solely through a third-party processors and/or an affiliate programme are included.
• Shop Small is subject to change based on Covid restrictions.
Subject to American Express Shop Small terms and conditions. To find out more, call 0800 032 7216.
2. Source: American Express internal data for local UK Cardmembers compared to GlobalData Payment Card Analytics for all UK credit and charge cards 2020 - American Express local UK Cardmembers spend on average 3.2x more annually and 2.7x more frequently compared to the average credit and charge card in the UK
3. Your payment plan is 1 business day from receipt by us of all relevant charge data from your terminal provider or payment service provider (PSP). Improved payment time is subject to our right to withhold payments in accordance with your Terms and Conditions for American Express Card Acceptance.
4. The American Express® Map is intended for general reference purposes only and does not represent a comprehensive list of all Card accepting merchants. Recommendations and other information included on the map are derived from internal American Express and third party data. Data is updated from time to time and may not be 100% accurate. American Express does not accept any responsibility or liability arising from any inaccuracies. You understand and agree that your use of the map is your choice and at your sole risk and that the map is provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’. List of Card accepting merchants is updated monthly.
5. Your rate structure and other terms will be explained to you in full before set-up of your new merchant Account.
6. Based on American Express merchant locations set up between January 2018 and December 2019.