Start Accepting American Express® Credit Cards at your Small Business Today
Shop SmallTM brings customers directly to you
When you accept American Express, you can benefit from:
Shop Small is funded in full by us – it won’t cost you a penny.
Eligibility criteria applies depending on your payment provider.3
Please contact your payment provider to find out more.
As well as big corporations, a huge number of small businesses in the UK accept American Express. These are in the retail, hospitality, travel and leisure sectors, plus many others. Some have physical locations and others are purely online, while many are a mix of both.
The number of UK Merchants who accept American Express is growing fast – in 2021-2022, 311,438 UK businesses joined us.4
1. Accept though your Payment Provider
Eligible small businesses can accept through a provider.
2. Accept through American Express
National and regional businesses or small businesses who prefer to accept directly through American Express can take advantage of competitive pricing opportunities, plus 24/7 expert support and protection to help your business thrive. Call 0800 399 911 or ask us to call you by filling out this form.
There are many reasons why accepting American Express can benefit your business:
Welcome high-value Cardmembers
- 88% of UK Cardmembers reported American Express as their payment method of choice2
- Our Cardmembers spend on average, almost 4x more than other Cardholders1
Free Marketing Materials
- Including physical and digital signage to encourage our Cardmembers to spend with you
- And promotions, training and webinars to help you attract more customers
- Our regular Shop Small promotions put local businesses on the map and incentivise our Cardmembers to Shop Small. Terms of eligibility apply.3