1 To find out more about Shop Small click here. Shop Small eligibility criteria:
• The business must sign up to accept American Express no later than 7 August and the terminal must be set up to accept American Express Cards no later than 17 August to be included in Shop Small.
• The business must be located in the United Kingdom (UK), which consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and includes islands such as the Isle of Wight, Anglesey, the Isles of Scilly, the Hebrides and the island groups of Orkney and Shetland and the self governing dependent territories of the Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
• The business must be a traditional “brick and mortar" business that deals with its customer face to face in premises that the business owns or rents.
• A Shop Small business must have at least one physical business location – up to a maximum of 30 locations – within the UK.
• Businesses must not be an airline, government agency, public administration organisation, charity, non-profit, trade association, shopping property management company, direct seller or political organisation or operating in industries that are deemed ineligible for Shop Small.
• Businesses that are part of a franchise brand are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
• Businesses that have an online or mail order business are excluded as are those who process American Express payments solely through a third-party processor or as a part of an affiliate programme
.• Subject to American Express Shop Small terms and conditions.
To find out more visit the Frequently Asked Questions or call 0800 339 911. Small businesses that meet the qualifying criteria will automatically become a Shop Small merchant.
2 American Express Data, 2019 and GlobalData: Payment Card Analytics, 2019, Credit Card defined as a pay-later Card that gives Card holders access to a line of credit. Charge Card defined as a pay-later Card that charges no interest but requires the Card holder to pay the outstanding balance in full upon receipt of the statement, typically on a monthly basis.
3 Your payment plan is 1 business day from receipt by us of all relevant charge data from your terminal provider or payment service provider (PSP). Improved payment time is subject to our right to withhold payments in accordance with your Terms and Conditions for American Express Card Acceptance.
4 The American Express® Map is intended for general reference purposes only and does not represent a comprehensive list of all Card accepting merchants. Recommendations and other information included on the map are derived from internal American Express and third party data. Data is updated from time to time and may not be 100% accurate. American Express does not accept any responsibility or liability arising from any inaccuracies. You understand and agree that your use of the map is your choice and at your sole risk and that the map is provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’. List of Card accepting merchants is updated monthly.
5 Your rate structure and other terms will be explained to you in full before set-up of your new merchant Account.
6 Based on American Express merchant locations set up between January 2018 and December 2019.