1. Platinum Travel Credit. Book through americanexpress.com.au/travel or by phone through Platinum Travel Service for flights, hotel, car hire and experiences. All other bookings, such as Fine Hotels + Resorts and Hotel Collection bookings are excluded. Benefit available for the Primary Card Member only to redeem in a single booking. For bookings less than $450, any unused portion of the Travel Credit will be forfeited. The Travel Credit cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. To check the expiration date of your Travel Credit if you have not already redeemed it, please visit americanexpress.com.au/travel; log in and click Travel Credit Details in the top right hand corner. No refunds, including cancelled bookings. Travel Credit spend will not earn Membership Rewards points. For full Travel Credit Terms and Conditions visit americanexpress.com/australia/platinumtravelcreditterms .
2. The Centurion Lounge Network. Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge locations. Gold Card and Green Card Additional Cards on your Account are not eligible for unlimited complimentary access. Platinum Card Members may bring up to two (2) companions into The Centurion Lounge. Children under 2 years of age can access the lounge free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age. To access The Centurion Lounge, the Platinum Card Member must present The Centurion Lounge agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. Platinum Card Members who have landed will not be able to access the lounge. Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof can access the lounge. Platinum Card Members cannot access The Centurion Lounge more than 3 hours before the scheduled departure time on their same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Card Members with a connecting flight. Platinum Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Platinum Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter a lounge with a self-service bar, unless you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Platinum Card Members are allowed access to The Centurion Lounge in all U.S. locations. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. The Centurion Lounge hours may vary by location and are subject to change. Amenities may vary among The Centurion Lounge locations and are subject to change. In-lounge services and amenities are complimentary, however you are responsible for any purchases and/or servicing charges you authorise our Member Services Professionals to perform on your behalf. Some American Express® Cards are not eligible for all services provided by Member Services Desk. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside The Centurion Lounge. Use of The Centurion Lounge is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
American Express Lounges. Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to American Express Lounge locations. Guest access policies vary by location and are subject to change. To access American Express Lounges, the Platinum Card Member must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behavior or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Platinum Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter a lounge with a self-service bar, unless you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside American Express Lounges. Use of American Express Lounges is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
Priority Pass. From 1 August 2019, your Priority Pass benefit will be limited to lounge access only. Non-lounge airport experiences in the form of food and beverage credits at restaurants, cafes and bars will no longer be available. To continue to enjoy access to over 1,200 lounges in 130 countries, please visit americanexpress.com.au/platinumlounges for a list of available lounges subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Priority Pass™ program. Priority Pass is an independent airport lounge access program. Primary American Express Platinum Card Members and one nominated Additional Platinum Card Member per Account are eligible for Priority Pass membership. At any visit to a Priority Pass lounge that admits guests, you may bring in one guest at no charge. You will be charged the prevailing retail rate for any additional guests. Some lounges do not admit guests. Both the Primary and Additional Platinum Card Members must enrol into Priority Pass and may access participating Priority Pass lounges by presenting your Priority Pass card and airline boarding pass. In some lounges, Priority Pass member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Conference rooms, where available, may be reserved for a nominal fee. Priority Pass lounge partners and locations are subject to change. All Priority Pass members must adhere to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use, including house rules of participating lounges, and can be viewed at prioritypass.com. Please allow 4-6 weeks from enrolment to receive your Priority Pass card and membership package.
Plaza Premium. Platinum Card Members (and additional Platinum Card Members) are entitled to complimentary access to the Plaza Premium Lounges. The Platinum Card Member may bring up to 2 guests into the lounge at no additional cost. All lounge access fees for additional guest visits will be charged directly to the Platinum Card Member's Card, and at the prevailing retail rate, per person, per visit. Lounge access to infants under two years of age is complimentary. To access the Plaza Premium Lounges, the Platinum Card Member must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day or following day boarding pass on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian where there is a self-service bar. Plaza Premium Lounge reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability and is not guaranteed. The full Plaza Premium Lounge Facilities Terms and Conditions are available at https://www.plaza-network.com/terms Facilities, amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change. Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
Virgin Australia Lounges. Access is complimentary for Primary Platinum Card Member and one complimentary guest only. The Primary Platinum Card Member and guest must be travelling with Virgin Australia domestically. Access is to Virgin Australia-branded lounges in Australia only. Name on boarding pass must match the name on the Platinum Card. The Platinum Card Member and guest must present his or her valid Card and same-day departing flight boarding pass (containing your Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer number and status) to Virgin Australia lounge agents. One guest per Primary Platinum Card Member permitted, children are classified as a guest. Guest must be travelling on same Virgin Australia flights and present boarding pass. All access is subject to space availability. This benefit is subject to change.
Delta Sky Club. The Platinum Card Member must present his or her valid American Express Platinum Card, government-issued I.D., and same-day corresponding airline ticket to club ambassador. Access to Delta Sky Club partner lounges is not permitted. Individuals must be at least 18 years of age to access Delta Sky Club, and 21 years of age to access locations with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by a responsible, supervising adult who has access to the lounge. Platinum Card Members must adhere to all House Rules of participating clubs. Participating airport clubs and locations subject to change without notice. Additional guest access and fees subject to Terms and Conditions of participating airport clubs. For the most current Delta Sky Club access and pricing policy, please visit Delta.com/skyclub. All Delta Sky Club rules apply to Delta Sky Club membership and use. To review the rules, please visit Delta.com/skyclub.
3. FINE HOTELS + RESORTS. Average value based on Fine Hotels + Resorts bookings in 2016 for stays of two nights. Actual value will vary based on property, room rate, upgrade availability and use of benefits. Valid only for new Fine Hotels + Resorts bookings made through Platinum Travel Service or American Express Travel Online . Online bookings currently only available to Basic Platinum Card Members. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Platinum Card in the Platinum Card Member's name. You may be able to use Membership Rewards® points and the Platinum Travel Credit on the American Express Travel website as payment towards Fine Hotels + Resorts, if the selected hotel and room type provides you the option to prepay in advance. Available for Platinum Charge Card Members only, and excludes Platinum Credit Card Members who are not also Platinum Charge Card Members. Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Noon check-in and room upgrade are based on availability and are provided at check-in. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast. Complimentary In-Room Wi-Fi is provided, with the exception of explora Patagonia where In-Room Wi-Fi is not available. In this instance, complimentary Wi-Fi will be provided in a common space on property. In the case where a Property includes cost of Wi-Fi in a mandatory resort fee, the Card Member will receive a daily credit from the Property in the standard amount that the Property charges for Wi-Fi. The credit will be issued on the Platinum Card Member's final statement upon check-out. Benefit restrictions vary by Fine Hotels + Resorts property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Advance reservations are recommended for services such as spa, dining or golf in order to take advantage of the Fine Hotels + Resorts special amenity during your stay. Benefits and additional Fine Hotels + Resorts promotions are only applied at checkout and expire at checkout. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Platinum Card Member, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating Fine Hotels + Resorts properties and benefits are subject to change.
4. Accor Plus Complimentary Membership. Accor Plus enrolment is required. Accor Plus benefit is available only to the Primary Platinum Card Member. Complimentary membership is a continuing benefit of your American Express Card, however American Express reserves the right to discontinue the benefit, upon providing you with reasonable notice. Once enrolled, enrolment continues for at least 12 months. If you become ineligible for this benefit or if this benefit ends, the Accor Plus membership standard eligibility criteria will apply to you. Membership privileges will only be granted on presentation of valid Accor Plus card and member must identify themselves as an Accor Plus member at time of booking. Accommodation bookings must be made through www.accorhotels.com. American Express reserves the right to instruct AccorHotels to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your account is not in good standing. Visit accorplus.com for full membership conditions, benefits and participating properties. Complimentary night stay rooms are limited each night per participating property and must be made by visiting and booking through all.accor.com. Enrolment in the ALL – Accor Live Limitless programme is required to receive Silver tier benefits and Accor Plus benefits. Benefits are subject to change. Benefits are subject to availability and may vary by property. To view terms and conditions visit leclubaccorhotels.com. Dining and drinks discounts may not apply to breakfast at selected hotels in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and French Polynesia; mini bars, room service or pool bars; public holidays or during special events; or children’s menu. For more information, please visit https://www.accorplus.com/benefits/more-flavours/. Dining privileges are subject to the Accor Plus membership terms and conditions which are found at https://www.accorplus.com/au/about/terms-and-conditions/. 10% best available rate is valid for properties booked online at all.accor.com using your Accor Plus membership number. Members can book up to two rooms on their Member’s Rate.
5. Platinum Insurance. The American Express Platinum Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) – see the full terms and conditions available here. You must use your American Express Platinum Card to pay for your return trip in order to be eligible for the travel insurance. For Smartphone Screen Insurance, you must use your American Express Platinum Card to pay for your phone outright or your monthly phone bill. Maximum of 2 claims per 12 month period, per Account, maximum cover of $500 per claim and an excess of 10% of the claimed amount applies. Waiting periods may apply. Find out more or make a claim here. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Card members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This webpage does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
6. Transferring Points. As long as your Account remains current and in good standing. Membership Rewards Points Transfer is available to primary Card Members enrolled in the Ascent, Business Ascent, Spirit, Ascent Premium and Gateway Membership programs. Qantas Frequent Flyer is only available as a transfer partner in Business Ascent and Ascent Premium program. Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is not available as an Airline Transfer Partner in Gateway program. To redeem points, you must be a member of the transfer partner’s frequent traveller program. Enrolment in the partner program is solely your responsibility and fees may apply. Points transferred to Airline Transfer Partners are not reversible and transferred points are subject to the terms and conditions of the partner programs. The minimum required points to transfer and transfer rate varies. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions available here.
7. Travel Insurance. American Express Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL 239687) (Chubb) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the individual American Express Credit Card Insurances policy between American Express and Chubb. This website does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the Insurances and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements. Full details of the insurance benefits vary from Card to Card and can be found in the terms and conditions on individual Card product pages.
8. American Express Travel. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through American Express Travel with point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be booked for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Points cannot be used for Cruise Privileges bookings. All travel bookings are subject to availability. Subject to the American Express Travel Online standard booking terms and conditions. Redemptions using Membership Rewards points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program.
9. Platinum Edge Travel Credit. To redeem the Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual fee and minimum payment by the due date. The $200 Travel Credit can be redeemed against any single eligible travel booked and paid online through americanexpress.com.au/travel. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. For bookings less than $200 any unused portion of the Travel Credit will be forfeited. Terms and Conditions apply.
10. Virgin Complimentary Flight. The complimentary domestic economy Virgin Australia return flight is only available between selected Australian cities and is available for booking by American Express Velocity Platinum Card Members after your first Card spend in the first year, and then after your first Card spend each year after the anniversary of your Membership. All flights are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor American Express guarantees that seats or tickets will be available on the dates or at the times you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. Some flights may not have any seats available for redemption. Route availability is subject to change without notice. All travel is subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here and travel is subject to Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage available at virginaustralia.com.
11. Virgin Australia Lounge. Virgin Australia lounge entry passes are subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here. Two Single Entry passes to the Virgin Australia lounge will be activated on the Basic Card Member's Velocity membership Card annually on or after each annual Card fee renewal date. Single Entry passes are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The Virgin Australia lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airports and entry is subject to the Virgin Australia lounge Terms and Conditions, available here and as amended from time to time.
12. American Express Lounge. Entry into The American Express Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportlounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. Qantas Ultimate American Express, Velocity Platinum Card Members, American Express Explorer Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
13. Explorer Travel Credit. American Express Explorer® Credit Card Members are eligible for one Travel Credit of $400 per year. Subject to Travel Credit terms and conditions, to redeem the Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual fee and minimum payment by the due date. The Travel Credit can be redeemed for any eligible travel booked and paid online through American Express Travel in a single booking. For bookings less than $400 any unused portion of the Travel Credit will be forfeited. Eligible travel includes Flight, Hotel, Car Hire and Experience bookings only and may not be used towards Cruises. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Your Travel Credit for that year will be forfeited if you cancel your booking, subject to supplier’s terms and conditions plus applicable fees.
14. Qantas Travel Credit. To receive the Qantas Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual Card fee and minimum payment by the due date. The $450 Qantas Travel Credit can be redeemed for any eligible Qantas flight booked (i.e. a QF flight number on your ticket) and paid online through American Express Travel in a single booking. All travel is subject to Qantas Conditions of Carriage. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. For bookings less than $450 any unused portion of the Qantas Travel Credit will be forfeited. The Qantas Travel Credit will be available each year of Card Membership, as long as you have paid the annual fee and your account is current and in good standing. Subject to Qantas Travel Credit, Terms and Conditions.
15. Qantas Club Lounge. Provided you are a Qantas Frequent Flyer and have registered your Qantas Frequent Flyer number with your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, you are eligible to receive two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations each anniversary year of your Card Membership after purchasing on selected Qantas products and services using your Qantas American Express Premium Card. Selected Qantas products and services means Qantas passenger flights purchased directly from Qantas.com.au with a QF flight number; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/or annual fees. Subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions. Within 1-2 weeks of purchasing selected Qantas products and services, two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations will be assigned to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Visit the Complimentary Invitations Portal to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking or find out more information. Qantas Club Lounge Invitations are valid for a single visit by one guest to a Qantas Club Lounge and must be used prior to their expiry. Invitations are subject to the Qantas Club Terms and Conditions and are not valid for Qantas International First Class Lounges, the Qantas Chairman’s Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business and or oneworld® alliance partner or associated lounges. Qantas Club Invitations cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year and must not be sold, they may only be transferred as allowed by Qantas. Invitations may be revoked or withheld if your Qantas American Express Premium Card account is not in good standing, if the selected Qantas products and services are refunded in full or if you have not complied with these Qantas Club Invitation Conditions, the Credit Card Terms and Conditions or the Qantas Club Lounge Access Terms and Conditions.