Why American Express?
Our goal is simple – to make life more enjoyable for our Cardmembers. Perhaps we can do that for you.
Travel with American Express
We can help Cardmembers find a doctor abroad
If you’re abroad and need medical assistance, we can help 24 hours a day, with Global Assist®. We provide over-the-phone advice to connect you with a doctor that speaks your language, almost anywhere in the world. It’s just one of the ways we provide travel help every step of your journey.Find out more
Your next trip starts here
Discover the one-stop destination for your travel needs. With everything from flights and special rates on select hotels through to destination guides and insider tips – all in one place, it’s really easy to plan, book and make the most of your next trip away.Let the journey begin
The world on a plate
We serve up over 400 specially selected restaurants around the world, each one handpicked by locals in the know. And whether it’s an up and coming hotspot or a hidden gem, you’ll enjoy a little something – from 20% off the food bill to a complimentary bottle of wine – on us. Bon appétit.*
*Terms applyFind a restaurant
The Family Travel Guide to A-B Travel
As your family grows, holidays will be increasingly scheduled around job demands and term dates. 43% of parents say that trips that involve travelling between destinations seem impractical. However, our A to B travel guide, is designed to provide travel help and inspiration so that you can have a fun family holiday across two destinations.View Guide
The Family Travel Guide to Long Haul Destinations
With a growing family, it may seem tempting to forego adventurous holidays to exotic places. In fact 42% of parents say they stopped going on once-in-a-lifetime long-haul breaks once they had children. However, our Long Haul destinations guide is designed to provide travel help and inspiration so that you can enjoy trips across the globe as a family.View Guide
The Family Travel Guide to Emerging Cities
While city breaks continue to be among the most popular type of family holiday booked, only 8% of parents like to veer off the beaten track compared to familiar destinations. Our Emerging cities guide is designed to provide travel help and inspiration so that you can discover the latest up-and-coming city destinations as a family.View Guide
Our Cardmembers can get delightful offers.
Patterns. How we help stop fraud in its tracks.
American Express Invites
American Express Invites1 is about opening the door to amazing events. We know who’s playing what, and what’s on where. As soon as we hear about an event you won’t want to miss, we make sure you’re one of the first to know.
Whether your passion is music, film, or theatre, we can get you closer to the action.Sign up for American Express Invites
Being with American Express means
- Even when the shop won’t refund you, we will2
- Seeing a doctor who speaks your language, virtually wherever you are in the world3
- Having items on your bill you don’t recognise suspended, and then investigated.
Plus simple ideas like our customer service team being available 24/7, via phone, text, email or mail and the first person answering your call doing their best to see it through until it is resolved.Explore our Cards
A more social service
Accepted here, here and here
Your American Express Card is welcomed all over town. You’re good to go:
- At major supermarkets and petrol stations
- For all kinds of entertainment and eating out
- With high street names and local gems.
We’re always looking to improve our coverage. If one of your favourite places doesn’t take American Express, contact us and we’ll work on it for you.Explore our cards
Points, beautiful points
Whatever you’re into, get more out of it with American Express Membership Rewards® points. Transfer and redeem points with:
- Ten airline frequent flyer programmes
- Five major hotel rewards programmes
- Nectar and our own shopping partners
Amazon.co.uk, Asprey, Boots, Carluccio’s, Comet, D&D LONDON, Elemis, Gap®, Harrods™, Harvey Nichols, Homebase, House of Fraser, Inverawe Smokehouses, Laithwaites™ Wine, Le Creuset, Links of London™, L'Occitane®, Marks & Spencer, Molton Brown®, NET-A-PORTER, PC World, Raleigh, Smartbox, Starbucks, SpaFinder, Radisson Edwardian, Relais & Châteaux and wagamama
With American Express Membership Rewards® points you earn at least one point with virtually every full pound spent on purchases with your Card – across town and all around the world.4Explore Cards with Membership Rewards points
2. American Express Services Europe Limited (‘AESEL’) makes various benefits available to Cardmembers which derive from contracts which AESEL has made with third parties. AESEL is free to amend, extend or terminate these benefits at its sole discretion. These benefits do not form part of AESEL's contract with you but AESEL will provide reasonable notice, in any event no less than 30 days, in advance of any changes to the available benefits which may be to your detriment. One of the benefits currently available is the benefit of contracts of insurance held by AESEL with certain insurers. You will lose these benefits if you cease to be a Cardmember. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Full details of the insurance benefits currently available can be found in Your Insurance Documentation available on this website and which will be provided with your Card. Please read this document to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
3. Part of our Global Assist service. Not available with the Costco TrueEarnings Card or Harrods Card.
4. Terms and Conditions of Membership Rewards apply. Points are not earned on American Express Travellers Cheques, Foreign Exchange and other Account Charges including Membership Rewards fees and annual Card fees. Read full Terms and Conditions here.