To activate Google Pay
Link an eligible Card to your Android device so you can pay on the go using Google Pay.
- Download the Google Pay app here by pushing the green ‘Install’ button then select ‘+’.
- If you have previously loaded a Card to your Google account, you will see it displayed for selection.
- Otherwise, add another Card by scanning it using your device camera or manually entering the Card details.
- Confirm the billing address for your American Express Card, and then follow the additional instructions.
- For security purposes, we may ask you to enter a one-time Verification Code to confirm your identity.
Look for the Contactless or Google Pay symbols when you shop at Merchants that accept American Express contactless payments.
To use Google Pay
To make a purchase, wake up the device and hold it near the contactless reader until your device beeps or vibrates and a checkmark appears on the screen indicating your purchase is complete.
You may be prompted to unlock the device first by providing your PIN, passcode, pattern or fingerprint.
Find more information on using Google Pay Contactless Payments here.