Copyright © 2019 American Express Company.
1. Based on American Express merchant locations setup between January 2017 and December 2018.
2. Australian American Express Card Members report an average total spend of AUD $3,052 on purchases from businesses in the past month, relative to the $1,973 average total spend reported by Australian Non-Card Members on the same.American Express commissioned internet panel survey conducted in April 2017 based on purchases made in the 6 months prior to the survey. Definition of American Express® Card Members: Respondents who reported that they have an American Express Card and that they used that card to make purchases in the prior 6 months. Definition of Non-Card Members: Respondents who reported that they do not have any type of American Express Card and that they used Visa, MasterCard or any other credit card to make purchases in the prior 6 months.
3. Your rate structure and other terms will be explained to you in full before set up of your new merchant account.
4. Your business could be recommended to Card Members in Card Member emails sent by American Express.
5. American Express® Maps is intended for general reference purposes only and does not represent a comprehensive list of all Card accepting merchants. Recommendations and other information included on the map are derived from internal American Express and third party data. Data is updated from time to time and may not be 100% accurate. American Express does not accept any responsibility or liability arising from any inaccuracies. You understand and agree that your use of the map is your choice and at your sole risk and that the map is provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’. List of Card accepting merchants is updated monthly
6. To find out more about Shop Small visit https://www.americanexpress.com/au/shop-small/small-business.html. Small businesses that meet the qualifying criteria will automatically become a Shop Small merchant. You can also assess Frequently Asked Questions at http://shopsmallaustralia.com/faqs.